Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Matt Lindstrom in the Pen?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries

Matt Lindstrom in the Pen?

Lindstrom's option was declined by the Dbacks. Should the Twins consider him? If the Twins do add a bullpen guy I would love to have him.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    He sucks.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    He sucks.
    Based upon?
    His peripherals and ERA suggest a quality reliever, albeit not a dominant one. While I think the Twins major problems lie elsewhere, if JR could get him for the right price he's a good option.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    He made 3.6 million last year. DBacks said he wasn't worth 4. per year. If there was no interest and his price fell to under 2 the Twins would look. Perkins makes 2.5. The Twins are not going to sign someone more expensive in the pen.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Lindstrom is reliable. He is a sub 4 even a sub 3 era some years. I'm not saying he's the next joe Nathan, but IF the Twins add someone I would prefer it to be him. They usually, not always, go with crazy contract (Capps for example) or they get Luis Ayala? I prefer someone who is dependable has a decent K rate and throws hard. Twins could possibly get him for 2.5 million. There isn't a lot of Burton's to be had.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 384 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What kind of inflation in the RP market are we looking at if Brandon League is commanding 3/22 before even hitting FA? I think this sort of production can be Rule 5'd or picked off waivers.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    He made 3.6 million last year. DBacks said he wasn't worth 4. per year. If there was no interest and his price fell to under 2 the Twins would look. Perkins makes 2.5. The Twins are not going to sign someone more expensive in the pen.
    Perkins is irrelevant to the conversation, his contract is covering his arbitration years, thus he's getting paid less then market value. Lindstrom is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    What kind of inflation in the RP market are we looking at if Brandon League is commanding 3/22 before even hitting FA? I think this sort of production can be Rule 5'd or picked off waivers.
    Because Ned Colletti never overpays for relief help! Also, the Jon Papelbon contract was completely indicative of the RP market last fall.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I had an idea....

I'll make a request about threads like these to the community, because often administrators can't get to a thread like thie earlier enough. When talking about a specific player, it would be great if one of the first posts would be a little bio or summary of the player.

It could just be a paragraph that says how old he is, what hand he pitches (or bats), what his pertinent stats were last year, and any background info about his career, health, etc. Anyone want to take a shot like that with this? It might make reading these threads a lot easier to mor casual fans.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 131 Times in 81 Posts
    Lindstrom is underrated and he could fall right into the Twins price range for bullpen help. Imo good bullpens have depth instead of one or two studs. Right now the Twins have neither but getting a guy like Lindstrom would add some nice 7th/8th inning depth.