Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nick Blackburn had elbow surgery

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 214 Times in 100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig in MN View Post
    Wow. I started the snark, but I expected a little bit of positivity from someone. He wouldn't be the first sinkerballer who fell off a cliff due to not finishing off his pitches well, due to a little junk in his elbow. That's connecting the dots a little bit, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is back to being above replacement level in 2013.
    The same people will snark about the Twins being idiots for letting Blackburn go if he pitches well elsewhere.
    If Nick Blackburn catches on with another team and turns his career around, I promise I won't rip the Twins for losing him in that unlikely scenario.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,279 Times in 685 Posts
    Wow. I started the snark, but I expected a little bit of positivity from someone. He wouldn't be the first sinkerballer who fell off a cliff due to not finishing off his pitches well, due to a little junk in his elbow. That's connecting the dots a little bit, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is back to being above replacement level in 2013.
    The same people will snark about the Twins being idiots for letting Blackburn go if he pitches well elsewhere.
    No true,at least for me. If he pitches well somewhere else so be it, right now there is simply no good reason for the Twins to believe that will happen and very little chance it does.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    They should perform the same procedure that was performed on that kid in the movie "Rookie of the Year"
    or cranial rectal inversion surgery, to remove his head from his ...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I already have a rough draft started, blasting the Twins for the way they handled Blackburn. I plan to publish it on this site next May or June when he is 5-2 with an ERA around 3.5 for some national league team.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12