Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: With regard to Offseason Handbook ads

  1. #1
    Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Posts
    3,784
    Like
    4
    Liked 67 Times in 50 Posts
    Blog Entries
    63

    With regard to Offseason Handbook ads

    Would people prefer other ads for, you know, bull****, instead?

    I was rather curious when reading some veiled and not veiled complaints about the ads and the links in stories. Really? Really?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Double-A
    Posts
    110
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Wahl View Post
    Would people prefer other ads for, you know, bull****, instead?

    I was rather curious when reading some veiled and not veiled complaints about the ads and the links in stories. Really? Really?

    I think it's awesome (awesome in the sarcastic form) that people complain about the ad-content of a free site, promoting one of the only avenues the writers have to recoup some of the costs to run the site, while also providing the site users with even more content. Some people just like to complain.

  3. #3
    Head Moderator All-Star glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    4,509
    Like
    2,330
    Liked 292 Times in 164 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Anyone who does not buy the book is missing out on a fun bargain.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    2,924
    Like
    469
    Liked 608 Times in 325 Posts
    When lacking anything intelligent to say the last resort is to complain.

  5. #5
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,615
    Like
    37
    Liked 183 Times in 103 Posts
    The only complaining people have done is about the ads that pop up and take up the whole screen and autoplay with sound with you roll over those. Those are ****ing annoying as hell, and I can tell you from someone in the industry that they aren't making much more money on those annoying ads then normal ones.

    It's not a twinsdaily issue anyways, but the ad network issue. They got most of them cleaned up, but ran into another one today which was fine, the issue was a couple months ago when 50%+ of the ads were like that.

  6. #6
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,692
    Like
    32
    Liked 772 Times in 423 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Dave, if you see one again, let me know the page and location. I thought we had them all cleared out but there could be a straggler or two left in there somewhere.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    556
    Like
    0
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    I do find the Offseason Handbook ads to be over the top, but I don't find them annoying. I have to agree that all of the OTHER ads are a bit much for me. Along those lines - I have had one hell of a time posting replies and/or navigating the mobile site. Is there a possibility that all the ridiculous ads are messing the site up on my phone or something? Maybe I should head over to another thread for that complaint..

  8. #8
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,692
    Like
    32
    Liked 772 Times in 423 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by edavis0308 View Post
    I do find the Offseason Handbook ads to be over the top, but I don't find them annoying. I have to agree that all of the OTHER ads are a bit much for me. Along those lines - I have had one hell of a time posting replies and/or navigating the mobile site. Is there a possibility that all the ridiculous ads are messing the site up on my phone or something? Maybe I should head over to another thread for that complaint..
    Are you using the full site theme to browse on your phone? I'd recommend using the mobile site theme for your phone... To change it, scroll to the bottom left of any page and look for the drop-down menu located there and select the "Twins Daily Mobile" theme.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    556
    Like
    0
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    Mobile site already. Tonight I haven't had any problems. Yesterday I closed out of it because of the problems it was causing. Idk what the deal is.

  10. #10
    Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    6,692
    Like
    32
    Liked 772 Times in 423 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by edavis0308 View Post
    Mobile site already. Tonight I haven't had any problems. Yesterday I closed out of it because of the problems it was causing. Idk what the deal is.
    Huh, that's strange. The ads on the mobile side of things are really minimal. They have no animation and take up just a few KB of space. If you're having a problem with the mobile skin, there's about a 99.9% chance it's not the ads.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    556
    Like
    0
    Liked 12 Times in 8 Posts
    After thinking about it, it could be more related to my phone than it is the site itself - though I wonder why it has been the only site I have really had any issue with. Anyway, I will let you know if I see more issues with it in the future and just kind of shrug it off for now.

  12. #12
    Super Moderator All-Star
    Posts
    3,415
    Like
    167
    Liked 309 Times in 184 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Dave, if you see one again, let me know the page and location. I thought we had them all cleared out but there could be a straggler or two left in there somewhere.
    I'm still getting the occasional annoying survey add that pops up, but I'm rather enjoying the hot single ladies that desparately want to go out with me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.