Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Terry Ryan Interview - Submit Your Questions

Senior Member All-Star Boom Boom's Avatar
    Liked 210 Times in 97 Posts
    OK, here's one that just came up - Dave St. Peter says the Twins will not be planting trees again beyond the center field wall. John, can you ask TR if the Twins have any plans to make the batter's eye not so disgustingly ugly?

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Ask him whether he holds himself accountable after a 96 loss season. Or, in other words, does he think that leading the team to 96 losses last season was successful enough to warrant removing the "interim" tag?
    Yep, his acquisitions of players like Willingham, Doumit, Carroll and Burton certainly led this team right down the tubes. He should not only fire himself but commit seppuku on the mound at Target Field.

Do you ever get bored of posting some variation of the same "fire everyone" comment on every thread?
    i dont mind posting over and over again that the 3 stooges need to go....time for real baseball people ...
    so untill we see change i will continue to ask for it, thankyou have a nice day =)

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,520 Times in 794 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    i dont mind posting over and over again that the 3 stooges need to go....time for real baseball people ...
    so untill we see change i will continue to ask for it, thankyou have a nice day =)
    Did it ever occur to you that the rest of us get tired of hearing the same line over and over? We get it. You don't like the front office and management. Now move on or bring something new to the discussion.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah but making up derogatory names for people and using them constantly to impress everyone with how clever you are never gets old.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    Yeah but making up derogatory names for people and using them constantly to impress everyone with how clever you are never gets old.
    I dub thee "turnip face".

Get used to it.

Banned All-Star
    will the twins look at 18 year old janpaneese pitcher shoheo otani? there is no posting fee to sign him , he is a 6*4 18 year old , who throws 99-100mph, wouldnt he be a good 1-2 combination with berros

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    I dub thee "turnip face".

Get used to it.
    Oh I've been called much worse. I can live with it.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Banned All-Star
    Did it ever occur to you that the rest of us get tired of hearing the same line over and over? We get it. You don't like the front office and management. Now move on or bring something new to the discussion.
    dont worry i will be banned again shortly hahaha independent site sureeeeee

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    dont worry i will be banned again shortly hahaha independent site sureeeeee

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    "When the team acquired players such as Tony Batista, Ramon Ortiz, Adam Everett, and Craig Monroe, it was straightforward for most people familiar with the most basic modern statistics to predict that they were very unlikely to help the team win baseball games. What changes have been made to the front office to ensure personnel mistakes that could have been so easily avoided will not occur in the future?"

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobs View Post
    "When the team acquired players such as Tony Batista, Ramon Ortiz, Adam Everett, and Craig Monroe, it was straightforward for most people familiar with the most basic modern statistics to predict that they were very unlikely to help the team win baseball games. What changes have been made to the front office to ensure personnel mistakes that could have been so easily avoided will not occur in the future?"
    Actually, if I recall correctly, many proponents of "advanced metrics" were giddy over the Adam Everett acquisition.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Actually, if I recall correctly, many proponents of "advanced metrics" were giddy over the Adam Everett acquisition.
    The way I remember it, people were excited about his defense, since he had been quite an impressive defender up to that point.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lightfoot789 View Post
    I thought the Twins had an excellent draft and went away from their usual philosophy in 2012. Who are the players other than Buxton and Berrios in this years draft that you are excited about and which have a chance to become special players down the line (someday)? Patience is a virtue and this 2012 draft class seems to have produced well at thier respective MILB levels. Who surprisingly stood out at instructionals as well?
    I like the idea of the question a lot but I can already see the response... "There are a lot of kids we like in the draft and time will tell blah blah blah". Ryan isn't going to tip his hand in next year's draft.

On the other hand, if you make the question more about last year's draft and the implied philosophy change that went behind it, I think it would provide a more substantive answer.
    I was actually talking about this years draft (2012). I see how it was misinterpreted though. I want to know about the 2012 Pitchers and Hitters that the Twins drafted last June. Who has raised eye brows other than Buxton and Berrios?

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Yeah, everyone was ecstatic about that .599 OPS from a guy who played in Houston.

Even the clear minority that defended the signing because of defensive "statistics" will concede that his complete inability to hit was a given. The fact that he couldn't throw from short to first doesn't exactly take the Twins' front office off the hook.

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,201 Times in 1,701 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lightfoot789 View Post
    Who has raised eye brows other than Buxton and Berrios?
    Every single reliever, the day he was drafted.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,183 Times in 630 Posts
    What do you envision happening with Scott Baker? Under what circumstances do you see him staying with the Twins assuming this is something the club wants?

Liked 2,206 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to ask Terry Ryan what he thinks of Thrylos?

Liked 2,206 Times in 1,243 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Metrodome payroll changed to Target Field Payroll.

I would like TR asked if he wants the Twins pitching to be a strength of the team and ask him what he thinks of Mike Rizzo's quote:" We used to have sinker, pitch-to-contact guys. That's who you get when you're not elite".It seems to me that the Twins are not elite and may not be all that interested in being elite. Resigning Pavano and getting some bargain basement pitchers similar to Marquis will signal that even more this offseason.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsfan46 View Post
    I would like TR asked if he wants the Twins pitching to be a strength of the team and ask him what he thinks of Mike Rizzo's quote:" We used to have sinker, pitch-to-contact guys. That's who you get when you're not elite".It seems to me that the Twins are not elite and may not be all that interested in being elite. Resigning Pavano and getting some bargain basement pitchers similar to Marquis will signal that even more this offseason.
    I believe it was Nantz, I'm not sure, but someone higher up in the organization a few months ago said he felt, without a doubt, the strength of our farm system was pitching...especially after the draft...but that they were quite a bit aways.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast