Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Article: Why do Twins fans boo Derek Jeter??

  1. #41
    Senior Member Triple-A
    Posts
    343
    Like
    124
    Liked 27 Times in 21 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    I read through stuff like this and I always wonder, "do fans in other cities hate the Yankees as much as Twins fans do?" I mean, I know they hate the Yankees everywhere outside of New York in a general sense, but does the average fan hate them as much as the average Twins fan? Have our recent playoff (and really, regular season much of the time, too) failures against the Yankees caused our hatred of them to grow beyond the general "they're the Yankees, @#$% 'em" attitude of most fans?

  2. #42
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    4,014
    Like
    104
    Liked 394 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    First and foremost - I think Jeter is great and is the face of MLB in my private little world.

    I take issue with the statement that insinuated that none of us could date and romance the high profile women that Jeter has. In fact, I have dated all of them, and romanced some of them (after Jeter of course). Call me a "left over specialist", but a "dumpster diver" would be the more correct term - some of the aforementioned ladies were high maintenance. I am getting a headache just thinking about it.

    One of Jeter's unmentioned past girlfriends - Veronica - I ended up dating and getting married to. We're still together and life is a joy. We even have a portrait hanging of Derek in our sleeping quarters - at her request I must admit. I am not too sure of the significance of the portrait - but I like it... it is a nice portrayal of Derek Jeter... it looks sharp.
    I actually know a chick who slept with Jeter, he is exactly as douchey/vain/etc as you think he would be.
    Its a funny story not approriate for TwinsDaily, but I will leave you with this one little note:

    Jeter made them interrupt umm...."making whoopee" because the Yankee highlights were coming on, they showed a highlight of Jeter hitting an RBI single, he then pointed at the TV and said "Yeah Jeetz" and then went back to making sweet sweet whoopee all night long. The next morning there were multiple signed baseballs waiting for her in a high end car service.

  3. #43
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    4,014
    Like
    104
    Liked 394 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericchri View Post
    I read through stuff like this and I always wonder, "do fans in other cities hate the Yankees as much as Twins fans do?" I mean, I know they hate the Yankees everywhere outside of New York in a general sense, but does the average fan hate them as much as the average Twins fan? Have our recent playoff (and really, regular season much of the time, too) failures against the Yankees caused our hatred of them to grow beyond the general "they're the Yankees, @#$% 'em" attitude of most fans?
    As someone who lives in NYC, I can assure you about half the people in this city absolutely despise the Yankees and their fans. I took my girlfriend to a yankees vs Twins playoff game about three years ago when we first started dating and we were both hit with beer bottles for having the audacity of wearing a Twins jersey into Yankee stadium. Later one drunkard had his 7 year old son come up to us, flip us off and say "The Twins ****ing suck", my buddy who was on the other side of the stadium actually got sucker punched by a Yankees fan when he was walking to the bathroom. That's all you really need to know about Yankee "fans"


    Since then she refuses to goto any sporting events in NYC and frankly I can't really blame her.

  4. #44

    his penis size

    because he has a small penis and a big vagina

  5. #45
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Posts
    995
    Like
    195
    Liked 221 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ericchri View Post
    I read through stuff like this and I always wonder, "do fans in other cities hate the Yankees as much as Twins fans do?" I mean, I know they hate the Yankees everywhere outside of New York in a general sense, but does the average fan hate them as much as the average Twins fan? Have our recent playoff (and really, regular season much of the time, too) failures against the Yankees caused our hatred of them to grow beyond the general "they're the Yankees, @#$% 'em" attitude of most fans?
    As someone who lives in NYC, I can assure you about half the people in this city absolutely despise the Yankees and their fans. I took my girlfriend to a yankees vs Twins playoff game about three years ago when we first started dating and we were both hit with beer bottles for having the audacity of wearing a Twins jersey into Yankee stadium. Later one drunkard had his 7 year old son come up to us, flip us off and say "The Twins ****ing suck", my buddy who was on the other side of the stadium actually got sucker punched by a Yankees fan when he was walking to the bathroom. That's all you really need to know about Yankee "fans"


    Since then she refuses to goto any sporting events in NYC and frankly I can't really blame her.
    That's funny. I found the Yankee fans to be a little disappointing in regards to taunting when I have been there. The old Yankee Stadium was more animated and exciting but the new Yankee Stadium was about the most depressing place I've ever been to. That place is horrid.

  6. #46
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    4,014
    Like
    104
    Liked 394 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ericchri View Post
    I read through stuff like this and I always wonder, "do fans in other cities hate the Yankees as much as Twins fans do?" I mean, I know they hate the Yankees everywhere outside of New York in a general sense, but does the average fan hate them as much as the average Twins fan? Have our recent playoff (and really, regular season much of the time, too) failures against the Yankees caused our hatred of them to grow beyond the general "they're the Yankees, @#$% 'em" attitude of most fans?
    As someone who lives in NYC, I can assure you about half the people in this city absolutely despise the Yankees and their fans. I took my girlfriend to a yankees vs Twins playoff game about three years ago when we first started dating and we were both hit with beer bottles for having the audacity of wearing a Twins jersey into Yankee stadium. Later one drunkard had his 7 year old son come up to us, flip us off and say "The Twins ****ing suck", my buddy who was on the other side of the stadium actually got sucker punched by a Yankees fan when he was walking to the bathroom. That's all you really need to know about Yankee "fans"


    Since then she refuses to goto any sporting events in NYC and frankly I can't really blame her.
    That's funny. I found the Yankee fans to be a little disappointing in regards to taunting when I have been there. The old Yankee Stadium was more animated and exciting but the new Yankee Stadium was about the most depressing place I've ever been to. That place is horrid.
    Regular season games aren't to bad, but the playoffs seem to bring out all the ****bags.

  7. #47
    Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    8,681
    Like
    2,655
    Liked 3,306 Times in 1,754 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    I take issue with the statement that insinuated that none of us could date and romance the high profile women that Jeter has. In fact, I have dated all of them, and romanced some of them (after Jeter of course).
    Bartender! I'll have what he's having. But cut me off when I've had half as much.

  8. #48
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,650
    Like
    314
    Liked 508 Times in 199 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    First and foremost - I think Jeter is great and is the face of MLB in my private little world.

    I take issue with the statement that insinuated that none of us could date and romance the high profile women that Jeter has. In fact, I have dated all of them, and romanced some of them (after Jeter of course). Call me a "left over specialist", but a "dumpster diver" would be the more correct term - some of the aforementioned ladies were high maintenance. I am getting a headache just thinking about it.

    One of Jeter's unmentioned past girlfriends - Veronica - I ended up dating and getting married to. We're still together and life is a joy. We even have a portrait hanging of Derek in our sleeping quarters - at her request I must admit. I am not too sure of the significance of the portrait - but I like it... it is a nice portrayal of Derek Jeter... it looks sharp.
    I actually know a chick who slept with Jeter, he is exactly as douchey/vain/etc as you think he would be.
    Its a funny story not approriate for TwinsDaily, but I will leave you with this one little note:

    Jeter made them interrupt umm...."making whoopee" because the Yankee highlights were coming on, they showed a highlight of Jeter hitting an RBI single, he then pointed at the TV and said "Yeah Jeetz" and then went back to making sweet sweet whoopee all night long. The next morning there were multiple signed baseballs waiting for her in a high end car service.
    Two consenting adults, probable valuable souvenirs, and high end car service. Is there a meaningful lesson in this for me? If you want to find a life partner of your realistic happy ending - do not choose a celebrity - of course their egos are out of control, of course high maintenance is involved. It seems like an F'd scenario to begin with it. Maybe the lesson is to take a lower course. Procure the lesser man/woman of your dreams and set out on an average, but happy and meaningful life together. I do not see how your friend was a victim. Your friend has the memories and last but not least autographed baseballs! Unless you disclose the full story - a judgement cannot be made.
    Last edited by Bark's Lounge; 10-19-2012 at 08:37 PM.

  9. #49
    Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Posts
    1,650
    Like
    314
    Liked 508 Times in 199 Posts
    Blog Entries
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    I take issue with the statement that insinuated that none of us could date and romance the high profile women that Jeter has. In fact, I have dated all of them, and romanced some of them (after Jeter of course).
    Bartender! I'll have what he's having. But cut me off when I've had half as much.
    Bartender! I'll have what he is having, but make it a double... what the heck, make it a triple... strike that, make it a quadruple!

  10. #50
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    4,014
    Like
    104
    Liked 394 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I actually know a chick who slept with Jeter, he is exactly as douchey/vain/etc as you think he would be.
    Its a funny story not approriate for TwinsDaily, but I will leave you with this one little note:

    Jeter made them interrupt umm...."making whoopee" because the Yankee highlights were coming on, they showed a highlight of Jeter hitting an RBI single, he then pointed at the TV and said "Yeah Jeetz" and then went back to making sweet sweet whoopee all night long. The next morning there were multiple signed baseballs waiting for her in a high end car service.
    BOOM!

    http://deadspin.com/derek-jeter-goss...eve-1466653210

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.