Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks to those who make this site amazing

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks to those who make this site amazing

Now that this season is over, I think that this is a good time to thank the founders and administrators of this website and everyone who has written articles and blogs.

This was a tough season for us fans, but TD has made it a lot more bearable for me. I am very grateful for all of the hard work of those who have brightened my day every day, and I look forward to next season knowing that I am part of a group that includes some very talented, knowledgeable writers who will help make sense of whatever may happen.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,512 Times in 791 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, Glunn! We enjoy running TD and chatting with (most) of our members, that's for sure. I know most of us haven't been around a lot lately but that's because we're all grinding away at the Handbook. I just finished designing an 8 page teaser that we should have ready to post sometime in the near future. Be sure to check it out!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Glunn! Twins Daily has become much more than I ever anticipated, and much of that is thanks to all of you who not only come and read the stories/articles, but take the time to participate in the chat room. We wanted to build a community of Twins fans, and I think that has happened. I look forward to the offseason of discussions and can't wait to hear "Pitchers and Catchers Report..." again!

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 489 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    First and foremost Glunn, you should give yourself a pat on the back. You are not an owner of this site and have been grinding it out since February. You have been a voice of positivity, objectivity, and display great patience with posters who have been lacking of tact (of which I am guilty). This site is nothing without having followers - and you are the Best of the Best of Twins Daily Participants!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    First and foremost Glunn, you should give yourself a pat on the back. You are not an owner of this site and have been grinding it out since February. You have been a voice of positivity, objectivity, and display great patience with posters who have been lacking of tact (of which I am guilty). This site is nothing without having followers - and you are the Best of the Best of Twins Daily Participants!
    Thanks, Mr. Lounge. Because there are very few Twins fans anywhere near Beverly Hills, I feel a special attachment to everyone who posts on TD. So when there is friction that seems to be getting out of hand, I like to remind people of the common obsession that unites us all and the fact that we are all brothers/sisters in terms of our mania for all things Twins.

And Seth, you and the other founders, as well as Brock, have done an exceptional job and I owe you all a dinner if and when I make it to the Twin Cities next year.

Liked 1,190 Times in 694 Posts
    Three cheers to you all. You've done a fabulous job.

I knew when it was "Twinscentric" launching the site that it would be great but you've far exceeded anything I could have imagined.

Thanks to everyone -- founders, writers, administrators and posters -- you've created a great community.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd like to add my voice to the chorus of gratitude if I may.

This place is a godsend for Twins fans. The results weren't what we'd hoped for, but thanks to TD and its great community of posters, I had fun, and I learned a lot.

Hope to see you all around here through the playoff and the offseason.

here here!!!

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 814 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    here here!!!
    I heartily concur.

A really intelligent place to exchange ideas that nicely filled a sorely needed niche for usually thoughtful, and sometimes passionate, debate.

Liked 3,014 Times in 1,280 Posts
    Dittos.

Many thanks.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Glad you guys are enjoying. It's been a lot of fun.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 81 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Now that this season is over, I think that this is a good time to thank the founders and administrators of this website and everyone who has written articles and blogs.

This was a tough season for us fans, but TD has made it a lot more bearable for me. I am very grateful for all of the hard work of those who have brightened my day every day, and I look forward to next season knowing that I am part of a group that includes some very talented, knowledgeable writers who will help make sense of whatever may happen.
    A huge second of this! And it was such a surprise at the time! It coincided perfectly with my growing obsession and I am quite glad that, for once, centralization has actually worked quite well. This has easily been the most informative and interesting year in my Twins fandom. And that's saying a lot given how much of a debacle this season was once again.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 113 Times in 81 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also, not that it matters since Minnesotans don't really care about accolades, but I REALLY want to know if there are such sites elsewhere for other teams in MLB that compare to this. Really. I have never bothered to check that out at all. Has anyone else?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 86 Times in 53 Posts
    I want to also thank everyone. Absolutely love this site and get on as much as possible. I particularly love the minor league stuff - thanks to Seth and others who keep us in touch with the future of the franchise!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    To me, the telling factor is that this is really your one-stop-shop for all things Twins related. There are so many people watching so many areas, this site not only his insanely up-to-date Twins info, but also feedback on how the the info is received.

My thanks for providing the first and last place any Twins fan needs to go.

This is a great site and a must visit for this Twins fan who lives far from Minnesota. Thanks to all!

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 59 Times in 34 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Shucks guys. I can't take all the credit, but I'll take a lot of it I guess. I really haven't done too much for the site, so all this thanks is overwhelming. I didn't really build the internet site like RP, or write articles every night from my grandma's basement, or even contribute anything of substance to the forums. Thanks everybody, I'll continue to do as little as possible to be a big part of Twins Daily.
    Do or do not. There is no try.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 30 Times in 24 Posts
    The best part about this site is not just the loads of articles, but the bantar (when clean and professional) of the posters. Its a revolving door of dialogue that makes so many of us think from different perspectives. Everyone of us have different approaches and philosophies and "airing" it out here makes it a healthy, fun and entertaining outlet for us. Thanks!

Member Single-A
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    i would also like to say thank-you to the Twins daily writers & bloggers. Living in southern California , i do not receive a lot of twins info. So when i found this site , it was awesome. Please keep up the good work

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rickyriolo View Post
    i would also like to say thank-you to the Twins daily writers & bloggers. Living in southern California , i do not receive a lot of twins info. So when i found this site , it was awesome. Please keep up the good work
    Maybe we should start a Southern California Twins club that goes to a game together when the Twins are in Anaheim? Usually there appear to be at least 1,000 Twins fans at Angels games -- I wonder how many of them have discovered TD. If we could get enough people, maybe we could get a skybox. Or maybe we could sit in regular seats and hand out cards with the url link to TD to other fans we see who are wearing blue and red.

That reminds me -- when will we be able to order TD t-shirts? These would be cool to wear to games, and could have the url on the back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast