Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Triple Crown still matters!!!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 120 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Most of the "sabr folk" I converse with are just as excited to see a triple crown winner as non-sabr folk are.

They (myself included) just don't want to see it be a determinant in the MVP voting.
    Yeah, I don't understand how someone can be labeled as a sabr guy that hates the triple crown just because he makes an argument that Trout should win a very close MVP race. Cabrera's having a great year and Trout is having a great year.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 357 Times in 179 Posts
    Cabrera deserves the award, the last two months of the year Cabrera was on fire while Trout started to come down to earth a bit. The triple crown and taking his team to the playoffs is the icing on the cake.

Note: I don't think taking your team to the playoffs is always necessary, but in a race this close it should put one candidate over the top.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    What Miguel Cabrera is doing in 2012 is historical, and I guess, in my opinion, it hasn't been treated as such. Especially as we are seeing offensive numbers declining the last couple of years, it is even more impressive. Vote for whoever you want for the AL MVP, but at least give Cabrera credit for a monster offensive season.
    Why do declining offensive numbers make a Triple Crown more impressive? No matter what the offensive environment is, someone still has to lead the league in BA, HRs and RBIs.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave
    Cabrera deserves the award, the last two months of the year Cabrera was on fire while Trout started to come down to earth a bit. The triple crown and taking his team to the playoffs is the icing on the cake.Note: I don't think taking your team to the playoffs is always necessary, but in a race this close it should put one candidate over the top.
    The Angels actually won more games than the Tigers. I have a tough time giving Cabrera extra credit for how bad his division is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12