Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Who Will You Cheer On This Post-Season?

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries

Who Will You Cheer On This Post-Season?

I'm pulling for the Oakland A's in the AL and Cincinnati Reds in the NL. I think it'd be nice to find out what the 'back-up' teams are here. Baseball just isn't as fun when you don't have any rooting interest!

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,502 Times in 785 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The A's and Orioles. In the National League, I'm fine with either Cincinnati or Washington but I don't care much about either. I like to see teams on the fringe get a little national face time.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm still hoping for a Baltimore-Washington series - it would be nice for something good to come out of the nation's capital this year.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A's or Orioles (looking like it'll be the wildcard playoff) from the AL, that's easy, just because of their poor recent history. Probably Atlanta in the NL, though I can live with Cincinnati or Washington. Honestly just about anything besides the Yanks and Cardinals is OK.

There are so many new teams to root for this year, so for me, it's not so much who I'm cheering for, it's who I'm cheering against. Basically I'll be cheering for whoever is playing the Yankees, Tigers, and Cardinals.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    We posted this just a bit ago, but my answer is obvious - just look at my sig.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 337 Times in 214 Posts
    I'm cheering for Jim Thome.

Normally I'd cheer for the Reds and maybe the Nationals, but I'm cheering for them to lose spectacularly due to inept CF/lead off play which causes them to strongly consider overpaying for a commodity the Twins are chalk full of.

Liked 1,181 Times in 692 Posts
    In a way, I enjoy the playoffs a lot more whem the Twins aren't in them. It gives me an opportunity to enjoy the beauty of the game without enduring another crushing exit.

I'll be cheering for the Tigers because I want to see Mike Ilitch rewarded for the long-term risk he took (and, since I don't have any intradivisional hatred, I always root for the A.L. Central team just like I always root for the Big Ten in the bowls). But I would also be happy to see wins by the Orioles or A's. The Rangers less so and the Yankees not at all.

I don't have particularly strong feelings about the National League but Cincinnati and St. Louis (if they are in). Would also be happy to see the Braves win. Less so the Giants and Nationals. Dodgers not at all.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 217 Times in 94 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    I'm pulling for the Oakland A's in the AL and Cincinnati Reds in the NL. I think it'd be nice to find out what the 'back-up' teams are here. Baseball just isn't as fun when you don't have any rooting interest!

Oh man... the key matchup will be Jose Rijo vs Dave Stewart. I have a feeling Billy Hatcher will play a key role!

I would normally root for the Nats as I don't dislike any of their players but I would like them to lose every game that Strasburg would have been slated to start.

AL meh... now that the Rays are eliminated I guess the Orioles or A's.

My dream is for the Yankees and Rangers to play the play-in game. I think that would be funny.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am goin with the A's, hatin on the Yanks, don't have particular feelings about the Orioles (but might if they face the Yankees in a series), don't think the Tigers are going anywhere with the fielding they have, even with Triple Crown-candidate Miggy on their lineup. I am definately rootin for the Nationals this year (but would be cheering even harder if Strasbourg was still pitching).

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 380 Times in 212 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Tigers

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    There's nothing in either the Twins Talk or the More Baseball feeds that would suggest it. My apologies on the repetition.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    There's nothing in either the Twins Talk or the More Baseball feeds that would suggest it. My apologies on the repetition.
    Oh, no worries! Just that I'd put in a whole Braves postseason preview into the last one, so I didn't want to bore everyone with it again! This is my absolute favorite time of the year. There is no such thing as too much postseason baseball talk. It's the NCAA tourney for professional baseball.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Nats and A's.

Would only have a problem with the Giants winning.