Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Article: Tsuyoshi Nishioka was a "Candle in the Wind"

  1. #1
    Twins Daily Writer Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Posts
    542
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    401

    Article: Tsuyoshi Nishioka was a "Candle in the Wind"


  2. #2
    Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    6,969
    Like
    1,039
    Liked 1,259 Times in 751 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Please attribute properly. This was lifted from Tommy John's album, "Goodbye Justin Morneau," which contained the following tracks:

    "Funeral for a Catcher/Joe Lies Bleeding"
    "Nishi in the Wind"
    "D-d-d-dickey and the Mets"
    "Goodbye Justin Morneau"
    "Joe Mauer Has No Title (Just Second in BA)"
    "The Ballad of Erik Komatsu"
    "All the Young Girls Love Darin"
    "Butera Can't Hit (But He Can Rock 'n' Roll)"
    "Saturday Night's Alright for Losing"
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 10-01-2012 at 03:32 PM.

  3. #3
    You need to provide an audio link because this isn't funny. Or maybe ENOUGH ALREADY about Tnish. It's understandable that topics get scarce in september for back to back 90 loss teams but he should really be praised for not being greedy and that he put principals before the all mighty dollar. Just like team ownership has always done.

  4. #4
    Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Posts
    3,615
    Like
    37
    Liked 183 Times in 103 Posts

  5. #5
    Senior Member Double-A Lesser Dali's Avatar
    Posts
    102
    Like
    0
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Torse View Post
    You need to provide an audio link because this isn't funny. Or maybe ENOUGH ALREADY about Tnish. It's understandable that topics get scarce in september for back to back 90 loss teams but he should really be praised for not being greedy and that he put principals before the all mighty dollar. Just like team ownership has always done.
    Mr. Torse. Don't be a party pooper. Everybody has their own way to filter fun and enjoyment into their lives. If you do not like it, move on to a new thread.

    For example: My most enjoyable time was in the late 1960's, in the San Francisco Bay Area. I don't want to get into what my fun was, but I feel assured that most would not think my "fun" is acceptable.

    If writing a parody of an Elton John song about Nishioka brings a little joy to a few posters... what's the harm?

    Lighten up sir and find your fun place.

  6. #6
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    I hope this wasn't intentionally written to sound mean-spirited. We can all agree this signing was a mistake, but give credit to Nishioka for not sticking around and eating up 3M in salary next year, as was his right and as many would do. The least we can do is let him leave with dignity; to fail to do so says more about us than about Nishioka.

  7. #7
    Senior Member All-Star Thrylos's Avatar
    Posts
    3,794
    Like
    26
    Liked 317 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    I hope this wasn't intentionally written to sound mean-spirited. We can all agree this signing was a mistake, but give credit to Nishioka for not sticking around and eating up 3M in salary next year, as was his right and as many would do. The least we can do is let him leave with dignity; to fail to do so says more about us than about Nishioka.
    +1

    to put it in other words: Nishioka had more class than Cuddyer*

    *and thankfully both ways.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

  8. #8
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    1,900
    Like
    430
    Liked 351 Times in 200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashburyjohn View Post
    Please attribute properly. This was lifted from Tommy John's album, "Goodbye Justin Morneau," which contained the following tracks:

    "Funeral for a Catcher/Joe Lies Bleeding"
    "Nishi in the Wind"
    "D-d-d-dickey and the Mets"
    "Goodbye Justin Morneau"
    "Joe Mauer Has No Title (Just Second in BA)"
    "The Ballad of Erik Komatsu"
    "All the Young Girls Love Darin"
    "Butera Can't Hit (But He Can Rock 'n' Roll)"
    "Saturday Night's Alright for Losing"
    Thanks for the great chuckle ... now I'll have those pseudo-song titles running through my head all day -- especially "d-d-d-dickey & the Mets" and "Goodbye Justin Morneau". I can actually hear Elton on those two.
    Last edited by JB_Iowa; 10-02-2012 at 09:25 AM.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Posts
    6,969
    Like
    1,039
    Liked 1,259 Times in 751 Posts
    Blog Entries
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Thanks for the great chuckle ... now I'll have those pseudo-song titles running through my head all day -- especially "d-d-d-dickey & the Mets" and "Goodbye Justin Morneau". I can actually hear Elton on those two.
    Glad you enjoyed it. I dashed it off quickly and it could've benefitted from major editing and improvement - the takeoff on Funeral For A Friend came off as creepy - sorry, it was meant to reflect the toughness any catcher requires.
    Last edited by ashburyjohn; 10-03-2012 at 11:28 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.