Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TwinsDaily Awards

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    How is anyone voting for Price over Verlander? This is blowing my ****ing mind. Price has 3 more wins and a .08 better ERA. Verlander has pitched more innings, pitched in more games, has more strike outs and his team will make the playoffs on his back. This is not even close to me and it is disgusting me to see so many people saying otherwise. Also, the Trout thing. I don't think someone that wins a triple crown loses the MVP voting.
    Very close but:

Price: 3.10 xFIP, 8.9 K/9, 1.10 WHIP (.286 BABIP - AL East)
    Verlander: 3.32 xFIP, 9 K/9, 1.06 WHIP (.273 BABIP - AL Central)

IP and GS are manager's choice.

The fact that Price has more wins, better ERA, while Verlander had a much below league average BABIP and plays in an easier league, tilt the scale.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 589 Times in 225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    understandable, which is why he won't win, but just saying that if other relievers have won it on similar usage, he should certainly have a shot.
    I'm not a big fan of the "because they ****ed up in the past it's ok to continue doing so in the future" rationale.

I don't have a problem with him being in the discussion, and think he probably belongs somewhere in the top 10 on the ballot, but he doesn't have any business winning over a 200+ inning starter.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 589 Times in 225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    IP and GS are manager's choice.
    You can't just throw them out as though they didn't happen. Verlander does have a significant innings advantage, that can't be ignored.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 89 Times in 55 Posts
    I chose Price because he faced the AL East instead of the AL Central but it's kind of a toss up. both had excellent seasons.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 60 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsmerf View Post
    How is anyone voting for Price over Verlander? This is blowing my ****ing mind. Price has 3 more wins and a .08 better ERA. Verlander has pitched more innings, pitched in more games, has more strike outs and his team will make the playoffs on his back. This is not even close to me and it is disgusting me to see so many people saying otherwise. Also, the Trout thing. I don't think someone that wins a triple crown loses the MVP voting.
    6 of the last 10 Triple Crown winners have not won the MVP.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog Dungan View Post
    Here is my ballot:

ROY
    NL: Norichicka Aoki
    AL: Cespedes
    I think you spelled TROUT wrong because no sane person would pick Cespedes over Trout, unless Trout did something personal to you like kicking your dog or something. That must be it. Trout kicked your dog or ran him over, didn't he? Now I understand. That clearly trumps the clear winner listed below.

YEAR TEAM GP AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS WAR
    2012 125 473 67 136 25 4 22 80 40 100 16 3 .288 .350 .497 .847 3.1

2012 134 539 125 173 25 7 29 79 64 132 47 4 .321 .393 .555 .948 10.4

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    OK maybe it isn't disgusting. I just feel like Verlander has been more important to the Tigers and really been a throwback ace for them. I can see the Price love, but think Verlander should get more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12