Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Parmelee's Promising Power

Jack seems to be confusing "possible" with "likely". By the logic that some mediocre minor leaguers, have become excellent major leaguers, therefore this will happen to Parmelee, it's saying that *most* minor leaguers will become major league MVPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic Jack View Post
    Parmelee will be as good if not better than Morneau someday.
    you really are a fanatic

Liked 146 Times in 82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shanewahl View Post
    Maybe Parmelee thrives up there and is only averagish in the minors for whatever reason (similar to Span).
    I think Span had Lasik surgery during the offseason the year before he made the jump, which might explain some of his improvement.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Hey Fanatic Jack, thanks for kicking off Hyperbole Day with a heretofore unequaled flourish in the entire history of mankind.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 173 Times in 107 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think he will have a major league career but I wonder if he is closer to Kubel than Morneau. Based on splits I have seen, I wonder if it is reasonable that he will hit well enough against lefties to be an everyday 1B. That doesn't mean he won't be a valuable player but it may take a manager willing to platoon to maximize that value.

Senior Member Triple-A whydidnt's Avatar
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    So, If Parmalee performs in spring training as he did last September does he take the DH job and push Doumit to the OF? I think there is a chance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12