Thread: Article: Twins Top Tampa Thanks To Towles Tater

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 379 Times in 200 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins' Towles Towering Tater Tops Tampa 5-3

Liked 12 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And on the other side of the coin for the Twins - Jason Bulger pitches one third of an inning vs. the Red Sox, walks 4 and then gives up a grand slam. Ouch.

Liked 1,285 Times in 742 Posts
    Thanks for the summary, Seth. All of a sudden it seems like there are so many games going on it is hard to keep track of who is doing what in them.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Teflon - That one has its own game report.
    JB - It was fun to follow today, listening to both broadcasts, watching both Gamedays, following both Twins Daily Forums... should be a fun season.

Blog Entries
    The best alliteration in a Twins headline is still the Tribune's tongue-twisty "Twins Trip Tribe Twice." Solid effort by Seth, though.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
    And on the other side of the coin for the Twins - Jason Bulger pitches one third of an inning vs. the Red Sox, walks 4 and then gives up a grand slam. Ouch.
    Of course, I just happened to tune into the game one minute before Bulger walked in a run, then gave up a grand slam.
    Gar, grump.

Benson threw a bullet from deep left center to throw out Rhymes at 3rd. I was in the section near 3rd base.

It wasn't Dinkleman.

Parmelee can really rake.

Parmelee, Casilla, Doyle, and Plouffe looked good.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    I lost the audio on the Tampa Bay broadcast, and saw Dinkelman was credited on Gameday... I thought it was weird since where they showed the ball would have been in Benson's area in CF.

Thanks for the update from the location. Very much appreciated!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I sure hope J.R. Towles beats out Drew Butera for the 3rdcatching spot on the 25-man roster.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    "I sure hope J.R. Towles beats out Drew Butera for the 3rdcatching spot on the 25-man roster."

You know, Fanatic Jack, I disagree with you. I think the 3rd catcher will get like 1 start a week, if that. Let Towles play at AAA. If the Twins need a 1st or 2nd catcher later in the season, bring up Towles who has been getting consistent AB's to play regularly.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim H View Post
    I think the 3rd catcher will get like 1 start a week, if that. Let Towles play at AAA. If the Twins need a 1st or 2nd catcher later in the season, bring up Towles who has been getting consistent AB's to play regularly.
    It's sort of the Ramos - Butera situation from a couple of years ago. Ramos, the better player, stays at AAA so he can play everyday while Butera gets to go to the show because he's presumably going to sit on the bench a lot. It's crazy, but if you were a catcher in the Twins system, you'd want to be the third best and not the second best. Maybe Butera is only pretending he can't hit so he can stay in the majors.