Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: where are some great burger joints?

where are some great burger joints?

my wife and i are on a burger kick....where are some good places?

we've been to:

SmashBurger
    FiveGuys
    Burger Jones
    Blue Door Pub
    Matt's bar
    the other place with the Juicy Lucy

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 35 Posts
    The Nook or Shamrocks #1. Close second is the Blue Door. They would be number one but they are too hard to get into. $2.00 taps for premium beer is hard to beat. Maybe when they open a second location in longfellowMatt's #3. Victory 44 #4, Smashburger #5. Meister's in Scandia serves a good burger. Was not impressed with Kings bar in Miesville with their multiple (40 some) burger options. We did like Lion's Tap. 5/8 is highly recommend, but we were not impressed

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,581 Times in 822 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I live near Victory 44. I highly recommend the Perfect Burger, though it's a bit pricey for what you get.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 57 Times in 36 Posts
    I've always liked Bulldog in Northeast (also Uptown)
    Papers...business papers.

Liked 132 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    The Nook or Shamrocks #1. Close second is the Blue Door. They would be number one but they are too hard to get into. $2.00 taps for premium beer is hard to beat. Maybe when they open a second location in longfellowMatt's #3. Victory 44 #4, Smashburger #5. Meister's in Scandia serves a good burger. Was not impressed with Kings bar in Miesville with their multiple (40 some) burger options. We did like Lion's Tap. 5/8 is highly recommend, but we were not impressed
    I think I like Blue Door better than the nook, but both are awesome.

Burger Moe's in St. Paul is pretty good. Also a place called Tugg's in Minneapolis that is pretty alright (my favorite is the cowboy burger: cheddar, bacon and hashbrowns on the burger).

If your willing to make the trip out to Eden Prairie, go to The Lions Tap. Very simple burgers but they are really awesome.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Awesome....thanks guys.

My current favorite is the Jiffyburger from Blue Door

Senior Member All-Star
    If you got a grill, then buy a hamburger press. Buy the best ground beef you can plunk your money down on and make your own. It will save you money in the long run. Depends on what you like for spices. Grinding to liquid a little onion, garlic, pepper of desired heat and a clove or few of garlic. Add spices and you can have your own burger.

Sort of like Brats. The stuff you get in the supermarkets tastes lake crap compared to Grundhofer's in Hugo or Morelli's
    Last edited by old nurse; 09-23-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Senior Member All-Star
    Burger Moe's I must have tried on a bad day. I would not recommend to an enemy. Tugg's gets mixed reviews, I am afraid to try it. Lion's tap is as described, simple, but awesome.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 383 Times in 213 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone tried the flamethrower burger at dairy queen yet?

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,265 Times in 677 Posts
    The Nook in St. Paul, oh so good!!!

By the other place that does a Juicy Lucy I assume you mean 5-8 club?

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 75 Times in 42 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Blackwoods in Minneapolis is pretty good. German restaurant with German beer and wine. I read somewhere about their burgers and wasn't disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsnorth49 View Post
    The Nook in St. Paul, oh so good!!!

By the other place that does a Juicy Lucy I assume you mean 5-8 club?

that is the one....I was a little dissapopinted by that one.

the Juicy Lucy at Matt's was awesome.

i think the Next one we will try is The Nook.....and i gotta get back to BlueDoor

Senior Member Double-A BrentMpls's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Another Bulldog NE fan here.

My favorite I would have to say is Snuffy's, especially the Roseville one. Great burger, great fries, great malts, great atmosphere. Simple, a bit run down (for the last 20 years) but fun stuff.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I haven't tried a lot of these and look forward to it. Some of my old favorites:

1. Lion's Tap
    2. Convention Grill
    3. Curran's

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Bulldog is a good uptown option. But I'm not sure you can beat Nook/Shamrocks. Haven't been to the Nook since the fire, but Shamrocks was definitely easier to get a table at. Waited an hour a few times, but it's fun to stop in at the other dives on the block if you haven't spent much time in the area. One time went a played Bingo at a bar just up the street while we waited, good time.

Take a road trip to Fargo/Moorhead and try out J L Beers great burgers -- homemade chips and fries