Thread: Article: Twins Daily Minor League Starting Pitcher of the Year

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Twins Daily Minor League Starting Pitcher of the Year

The fact that a guy with a 4.8 K/9 was one of the Twins best minor league pitchers this year is maybe the most depressing Twins thing all season.

Liked 360 Times in 204 Posts
    I wish all of them well and hope they continue to improve. But its also pretty obvious that the Twins need some additional pitching prospects. I hope that Terry Ryan has his trading hat on this offseason.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hermsen is the easy choice here. Great season for him and happy he emerged.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 214 Times in 147 Posts
    Congratulations to them in good seasons, but three are college pitchers in low A, and the best cannot strike anyone out. It boggles the mind that people keep saying the twins should not deal span, Willingham, and morneau. This system is bereft of arms in AA or AAA that will help on the next year or two.

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The fact that the last 2 winners of this illustrious award have been Liam Hendriks and BJ Hermsen, makes me hate this organization even more.

Obviously hope that one or two of these guys continue to improve and make it to the majors, but that list is brutal in terms of high (or even solid) upside guys. Think about the question posed at the end: will the Twins add him to the 40 man roster or subject him to the Rule 5 draft? He is the pitcher of the year but there is still a question of whether he should be added to the 40 man.

I completely agree that the Twins need to be willing to trade for arms.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Since its "Twins Daily" shouldn't we have a vote on that? A more accurate tittle would be "Seth Stohs's minor league ......" Not that I'm too upset, just feel like I got punched in the stomach. Its okay Seth, we are just your peons to comment on your articles and make funny faces like this . I'm not sure who I am anymore.

Super Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 1,260 Times in 752 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Would be a little ironic if Hermsen embraced the Pitch To Contact as strongly as anyone in the system, and then they left him off the 40-man.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    terry ryan couldnt trade a handful of pardons in a womens prision for a balony sandwich....time for this life time loser to go and take mike radke with him