Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

View Poll Results: Predict it: Win or Loss?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win

3 75.00%
  • Loss

1 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twins vs Indians, 09-09-2012, 1:10pm

Twins Moderator MVP ashburyjohn's Avatar
    Liked 3,178 Times in 1,688 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Morneausie!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Twins with a walk-off, Vikes in OT on the same afternoon in Minneapolis. Probably won't see that againi for a while.

Love seeing Morneau crush baseballs like that.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 462 Times in 175 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's nice to see a walk off HR, especially when it is Morneau. I would have been a bit more exciting if Mauer hit a walk off HR, thus completing hitting for the cycle.

Oh well, a great end result either way.

When Morneau was trotting around the bases, I was a bit concerned with the home plate celebration - don't slap Morneau's head! Some did. You have be careful. Morneau is starting to resemble his former self. Punch him in the gut or something - stay away from his noggin.

Senior Member Triple-A Dilligaf69's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    It's nice to see a walk off HR, especially when it is Morneau. I would have been a bit more exciting if Mauer hit a walk off HR, thus completing hitting for the cycle.

Oh well, a great end result either way.

When Morneau was trotting around the bases, I was a bit concerned with the home plate celebration - don't slap Morneau's head! Some did. You have be careful. Morneau is starting to resemble his former self. Punch him in the gut or something - stay away from his noggin.

I thought the same thing and Justin mentioned it in his postgame...he was probably only half kidding but why throw away ur helmet?? and ur right somebody did tap him on the head.....dumb!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Twins page on ESPN has the Elias note that this wasn't the first time Morneau has had a multi-homer game that included one of them being a walk off. In fact it was his THIRD time! That seemed like a pretty rare event and I was quite surprised anyone had done it that often. Turns out, David Ortiz and Todd Helton have also done it three times each. Amazing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12