Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HOF - Fred "Crime Dog" McGriff

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 490 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by biggentleben View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    He was the bridge from Ozzie/Ripken to the Nomar/Jeter/ARod grouping as the best SS in the game.
    Who would have thought, ten years ago, that Jeter would be the only one those latter three going to the Hall of Fame?
    I do believe ARod will make it for the same reason as Bonds. The totality of the numbers will be so large that just the roids argument won't be able to stand up.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see how they are judged. It will be interesting!

Moeller High School, Cincy, class of '95. Grandpa/father have had season tickets since the 60s. So, yeah, I saw Larkin in person a time or two.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,249 Times in 498 Posts
    So basically he's not a hall of famer because......your eyes say so. Does that about sum it up?

Convincing.

So if a couple of the elite shortstops of a league aren't hall of famers, who is?
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ballÖ and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Yeah, that's it basically. To me, he's not a HOFer. If he is to you, then bless your heart. I suspect you couldn't care less about my opinion just like I couldn't care less about yours. So it goes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TK10 View Post
    Moeller High School, Cincy, class of '95. Grandpa/father have had season tickets since the 60s. So, yeah, I saw Larkin in person a time or two.
    Geez. You would think you would be all for Larkin's inclusion into the HOF. Do you have a gripe with his family? Did Barry's little sister dump you in 12th grade?

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Geez. You would think you would be all for Larkin's inclusion into the HOF. Do you have a gripe with his family? Did Barry's little sister dump you in 12th grade?
    Unrequited stalker love. Bastard Larkin!
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Nope, he came back to the school all the time and spoke. He's given money, appeared in ads, all of it. He's a great dude. I'm in no way shape or form annoyed he's in the Hall, he might very well deserve to be there. What annoys me is this notion that it's a slam dunk and anyone who might suggest he shouldn't be in is stupid or "just doesn't get it." Larkin's a guy you could build a case for and could build a case against. But again, it's by no means an outrage he's in.

Blog Entries
    Nope, he came back to the school all the time and spoke. He's given money, appeared in ads, all of it. He's a great dude. I'm in no way shape or form annoyed he's in the Hall, he might very well deserve to be there. What annoys me is this notion that it's a slam dunk and anyone who might suggest he shouldn't be in is stupid or "just doesn't get it." Larkin's a guy you could build a case for and could build a case against. But again, it's by no means an outrage he's in.
    Hey TK10. Your not an A-hole or idiot for arguing against Barry's inclusion into the HOF. I think everyone who responded really enjoyed what he brought to the table. We appreciated his contribution to the game of baseball. In my opinion he flew under the radar a bit. I was laid up in a hospital with a severely broken leg when the Reds won the WS in 1990 - he was great in that series and that was my only joy for that week in time. I hope that you can appreciate that a bunch of non-Cincy residents respect the **** out of one of your home town heroes.

No worries, my Reds days are over, I'm all Twins now, have been since moving here for college. Now, how about a debate about Pete Rose???

Blog Entries
    Unrequited stalker love. Bastard Larkin!
    Thanks for playing along!

Blog Entries
    No worries, my Reds days are over, I'm all Twins now, have been since moving here for college. Now, how about a debate about Pete Rose???
    Start a new thread. I am sure there will be participants!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345