Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brendon Ayanbadejo tackles the subject of gay marriage

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,520 Times in 794 Posts
    Blog Entries

Brendon Ayanbadejo tackles the subject of gay marriage

Which prompts a Maryland Congressman to tell the Ravens to keep their employees quiet, which spurs this very NSFW letter from Chris Kluwe:

http://deadspin.com/5941348/they-won...-supporting-it

I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more. Mr. Kluwe deserves a slow clap for this masterpiece of a rant.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 183 Times in 106 Posts
    Beautiful Oppressionism. Ha!

That was great. Good for Kluwe.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 193 Times in 119 Posts
    I'm actually quite impressed by both football players. Good for them and remember to vote no! this November. Also, feel free to give money to groups http://www.aclu-mn.org/ and http://mnunited.org/ that are working on the equality issues.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Kluwe 1, Maryland Congressman 0

Beautiful work by Kluwe...just wow. Beautiful.
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Twins News Team All-Star TheLeviathan's Avatar
    Liked 614 Times in 342 Posts
    Probably not effective, but damn sure entertaining.

Twins Moderator All-Star ChiTownTwinsFan's Avatar
    Twitter
    @Sheradoodles
    Liked 1,840 Times in 1,075 Posts
    This is all kinds of awesome on so many levels.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    It already got 1.2 million reads on Deadspin within the first 20 hours and MSNBC interviewed him last night as well. I'm pretty sure this is the largest story deadspin has had since the Favre Scandal.

Kluwe is awesome, after his career I hope he writes somewhere. His live chat on deadspin a month or two ago was golden.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    It already got 1.2 million reads on Deadspin within the first 20 hours and MSNBC interviewed him last night as well. I'm pretty sure this is the largest story deadspin has had since the Favre Scandal.

Kluwe is awesome, after his career I hope he writes somewhere. His live chat on deadspin a month or two ago was golden.
    I have no doubt he will become some sort of writer. While I don't think he has been on much lately, Kluwe is/was a fixture on the Half-Assed morning show sports segment since becoming a Viking. His wit is uncanny for sure. You can tell the guy is pretty sharp as well.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 490 Times in 189 Posts
    Blog Entries
    One thing for sure is Chris Kluwe is definitely a character. His letter was passion charged, witty and of course very profane. I have no problem with it as that is the criteria that brings me enjoyment with the written word and of course I share the same belief on the same sex marriage issue with Kluwe. If I was to have any issues with it, it would be a scenario where his letter had an impact on a voter who was on the fence, trying to juggle their religious morality with their social/human rights responsibility and chose the former, rather than the latter because of his letter to Emmett Burns Jr.

Other than that...

Chris Kluwe - Great Job!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post

The people entertained by this don't need convincing. This won't be effective because no one on the other side of the aisle is going to take is seriously or be persuaded by it. The effort was fantastic for what it was, but it's not going to accomplish a damn thing.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 1,241 Times in 494 Posts
    The people entertained by this don't need convincing. This won't be effective because no one on the other side of the aisle is going to take is seriously or be persuaded by it. The effort was fantastic for what it was, but it's not going to accomplish a damn thing.
    Party pooper.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Which prompts a Maryland Congressman to tell the Ravens to keep their employees quiet, which spurs this very NSFW letter from Chris Kluwe:

http://deadspin.com/5941348/they-won...-supporting-it

I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more. Mr. Kluwe deserves a slow clap for this masterpiece of a rant.
    When you have people like Chris Kluwe and John Kriesel on your side it makes it really hard to vote no. If your under 40 and hate gay people you suck at life. That being said Chris Kluwe sucks at life.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Has anyone ever told Kluwe he's a punter?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Who cares? Sometimes, people just need to stand up and call the douchebags out for being, well, douchebags. If we can shame just one of these bastards into shutting up, it's a small victory. If not, at least we all got a good laugh from it.

Who cares? Sometimes, people just need to stand up and call the douchebags out for being, well, douchebags. If we can shame just one of these bastards into shutting up, it's a small victory. If not, at least we all got a good laugh from it.
    Dave's response is indicative of why it's worth pointing out.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Does that include those d-bags participating in this thread? Just saying....
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the fact that nobody covering this story is mentioning the guy is a Democrat. As a Republican on the vote no side this kind of media bias will make my decision in the ballot booth harder then it should be.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbeer View Post
    I like the fact that nobody covering this story is mentioning the guy is a Democrat. As a Republican on the vote no side this kind of media bias will make my decision in the ballot booth harder then it should be.
    It sounds to me like you're making up excuses to vote "yes". Since when does "media bias" change your personal conviction? Are you that easily swayed by what others have to say that you take umbrage over the fact that a rant by a football player didn't address party affiliation?

Democrats can be just as douchey as Republicans. I don't see anyone here arguing that point.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 360 Times in 182 Posts
    Dave's response is indicative of why it's worth pointing out.
    I dunno, its got over 2 million reads now, I'm sure there are plenty of people on the "fence" about Gay marriage. Who knows if this Ayanbadejo/Kluwe thing is tipping point for some of those folks.

Banned Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The amendment doesn't change a thing in reality. If the pro rights side is going to hurt Republicans chances of winning elections by stereotyping them as anti gay while not pointing out other groups that nearly always oppose their rights it won't be nearly as easy to vote my convictions.

And the "sounds like you're" stuff can end now buddy. You've crossed the line with me one to many times.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast