Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Slama Petition

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 104 Times in 66 Posts
    If he shaves the mustachio, I am in. If he does not, he can stay and room with Buxton when he gets to Rochester...(with the way we move prospects through our farm system, 2017 looks like a bit of a stretch).

Liked 1,590 Times in 793 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post

Hello LaBombo. Do you want to be on the petition?
    Sure, as long as no solicitors will call on me... Also, make sure your raft is shipshape if you're in the central Pacific. Rough weather ahead.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely no solicitors. The raft is starting to show its wear and tear - let's hope for the best!

Liked 1,189 Times in 694 Posts
    Well, if they idea is to get Ryan to answer questions, it appears that ship has sailed. Shipley did a reasonable job but the answers are total B.S. (and I don't mean Bill Smith).

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I guess the question we have to ask ourselves is this - do we still move forward with the petition? I would imagine if Ryan responded we'd get the same answers, but one never knows? I'm still game. Thoughts? If this is the end of this thread - I was impressed by the solidarity we have all shown.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    I'm very curious to know if Anthony Slama is aware is something like 25 pages of forum threads on him over the course of the season! It's an impressive movement that may say more about how frustrated people are with the decision making of the organization and lack of trust in it in it.

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Heck yes. Send it.

Banned All-Star
    Liked 75 Times in 49 Posts
    please add me to your petition, and add when is this assclown ryan going to step down and let a true baseball man run this team?

Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Liked 219 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Free Slama from Baron Von Ryan's Gulag. Add Mark Olson to your list.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 358 Times in 180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
    please add me to your petition, and add when is this assclown ryan going to step down and let a true baseball man run this team?
    Didn't Ryan single handily build a team that won 6 division titles in 9 years? And pulled off the best trade of the past 25 years? How does that make him an assclown again?

Please add me to your petition, Brian Dodge

I joined this board to sign this petition. Please add my signature. Adam Turner

I guess the question we have to ask ourselves is this - do we still move forward with the petition? I would imagine if Ryan responded we'd get the same answers, but one never knows? I'm still game. Thoughts? If this is the end of this thread - I was impressed by the solidarity we have all shown.
    At this point the best option may be to point out how/why the answers he gave weren't accurate or truthful and demand the real reasons. The bullpen has been over worked and many in it have really struggled. This isn't a scenario where the only needs one more extra arm in the pen. They could easily add a few more players to see what they can do. They've already given extended looks to everyone in the pen and some have been so over worked that they've already thrown an entire season's worth of pitches. Shut them down to save their arms and at the same time see what else you have in the minors. Its not like these guys have been so impressive that there's no need to look for anyone better.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm in!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm in too. Am I too late?

Liked 49 Times in 30 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yes. #freeslama

I'm in

Respond to this -
    I'd like to see Slama this September. Worst case, he does poorly, and the front office is right. Best case, he does well, and makes a bid for the team next year, or becomes trade bait. Signed: Steve Peterson - Full Season Tix holder

I agree. Kyle Liesenfeld

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm in

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast