Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Anthony Slama Petition

I agree with this petition. Why was he not called up?

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,510 Times in 789 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    But that supposes someone named "snepp" with a TMNT avatar, living in South Dakota, knows more than a ML front office.
    You're supposing they're perfect and don't make any mistakes. I knew more than they did about Jeff Gray, that's apparent.

Slama will likely never amount to anything, but there's a problem with the process here.
    Dangit, I was supposed to have put in a :-) thing in my first post so you didn't view my post as a personal attack. Hope you didn't.
    Permaban coming in three... two... one...

Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    For those who know when to call in, I urge you to do it. And if, in addition to signing the petition, anybody wants to e-mail Mr. Ryan directly with similar sentiments, do it. Or send them to someone else in the Twins' food chain.

AND, some of us should e-mail Mackey, LEN3, etc. and ask them to press for an explanation.

Attack the issue on all fronts.
    Mackey is talking about it right now on 1500ESPN.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 483 Times in 317 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Slama probably should have been called up, but he will get his chance next spring I suppose. I can't get too worked up over it.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 311 Times in 151 Posts
    Let's hope he is smart enough to move on this winter, I'm assuming he is a minor league free agent this winter.
    It doesn't appear he has been treated fairly by the Twins for a few years.

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stringer bell View Post
    Slama probably should have been called up, but he will get his chance next spring I suppose. I can't get too worked up over it.
    He won't get his chance here. As a minor league FA, it would be foolish for him to resign with the Twins. I don't understand why they wouldn't have just cut him if they had no intention of giving him an opportunity with the Twins.
    If Twins can't re-sign Hunter, plans are to trade, sign a FA or go in-house to find a replacement.

Junior Member Rookie twinslover's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Sign me up. I'm curious though, does the mlb site have Terry Ryan's email address as well?

Slama petition

Sign me up. Rick Niedermann

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just a reminder - we have about 22 hours left. The deadline is 2:00pm Wednesday. Sign up if this is a petition that interests you!

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    what happens at the deadline?

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 358 Times in 180 Posts
    I would hope Terry Ryan wouldn't make decisions based off of 30 signatures from a bunch of pissed off fans on a message board... good lord, this is quite embarrassing. Put me down as a no.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    what happens at the deadline?
    2:00pm on Wednesday is the last chance to lend your name to this petition and the petition will then be sent to Terry Ryan.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I would hope Terry Ryan wouldn't make decisions based off of 30 signatures from a bunch of pissed off fans on a message board... good lord, this is quite embarrassing. Put me down as a no.
    Very Well... no it is.

I'm in. Give Anthony Slama a fair shot and reward him for putting up numbers in AAA.

Twins News Team MVP
    Liked 811 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    Very Well... no it is.
    That's either the early-afternoon Smirnoff talking or someone who embarrasses quite easily

Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't think any of us would expect for changes to be made based on this. It's more about being heard and pointing out to the front office what many people's perception is of the situation. I would think that taking a chance to address a group of passionate and fairly well educated fans is a good way to keep people interested and supportive in a rough patch for the team. Understanding how/why certain decisions are made is not a huge thing to ask. And I think it is good business.

Put my name on it.

Liked 1,590 Times in 793 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yes, let's trust the Twins to subjectively evaluate another player based on a couple of innings of spring training instead of two years of undeniable success in AAA.

After all, the virtually scouting-only approach is working out great again this year, isn't it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LaBombo View Post
    Yes, let's trust the Twins to subjectively evaluate another player based on a couple of innings of spring training instead of two years of undeniable success in AAA.

After all, the virtually scouting-only approach is working out great again this year, isn't it?
    Hello LaBombo. Do you want to be on the petition?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast