Thread: First Glimpse of 2013 Schedule

First Glimpse of 2013 Schedule

Sid has the first nugget I've seen so far on the Twins 2013 preliminary schedule, albeit very vague. Sounds like the team will open at home April 1 (opponent not named), and will host the Brewers, Marlins, Mets, and Phillies in interleague games.

If anyone has more info on the '13 schedule I'd be very interested in seeing it!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Did they redo the inter-league rotation? Philadelphia was here this year. Too lazy to look up anything more than that.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The fact that the Twins are facing the Phillies two years in a row might have to do with the new 15-team leagues that are set to begin next year which means constant interleague play will be happening.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    In an earlier thread on this topic, someone mentioned that we would likely be playing the national league east as our interleague opponents, so that would mean that we will probably travel to the Braves and the Nats.

This year we were actually matched up with the NL central (cubs, pirates, reds, brewers), but because the Brewers are already our rival or just the out of wack 6 team division, for some reason the Phillies were added.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Curious if we will loop both Houston and the Rangers into the same road trips. Nice if they were in April or May, as that would make a pleasant early season road trip.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
    I'm hoping for another St. Louis/Kansas City combo. I missed out on that one.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 133 Times in 60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Crapps View Post
    Let me tell you it's much more enjoyable to follow the team when they are good (or even average). Traveling to road games to watch this team is cruel and unusual punishment.

Liked 115 Times in 65 Posts
    Blog Entries
    April 1st? In Minnesota? Really? I would be shocked if that was the case.

And if they get to travel to NYC and Philly to see the Mets and Phillies, sign me UP for a road trip. Great cities, great stadiums. Awesome.

Plus, the possible return of Ozzie to MN?

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 19 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Can we start placing bets on the amount of losses yet?
    *so mad about Slama right now, don't dare comment about the negativity

Senior Member Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by notoriousgod71 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatt Crapps View Post
    Let me tell you it's much more enjoyable to follow the team when they are good (or even average). Traveling to road games to watch this team is cruel and unusual punishment.
    Yeah no ****. But it gives me an excuse to go check out cities I've never been to and stadiums I'd like to see. If the Twins are relevant I'll pay more attention to the game. When they suck (like last year when I saw them in SF or this year at Sea/Oak)..not so much. KC/St Louis sounds tempting, some darn good BBQ.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    And if they get to travel to NYC and Philly to see the Mets and Phillies, sign me UP for a road trip. Great cities, great stadiums. Awesome.
    I wasn't too impressed with Citi Field. It's like most modern parks these days, but it's all the way in Queens. I went to the game where the Twins took it to Johan, and by the time it ended the World Cup game was still taking place. (US vs Ghana) There was no way to watch the game because it seemed there was only 1 bar in the entire area, and of course it was full.

Schedule was just posted on the Twins Website.

Open at home vs. Detroit Apr. 1.

Interleague
    vs Mets April 12-14, first home weekend.

Back to Back Away and Home 2 game series with Brewers, May 27-28 @ Milwaukee, May 29-30 @ Home

3 Interleague Series in June:

At Washington June 7-9
    Home vs. Philly June 11-13
    At Miami June 25-26

Other notes:
    Home vs Yankees on July 4

Astros @ home Aug 2-4, @ Houston Sept 2-4 (part of a 6 game Texas Roadtrip)

Regular Season ends at home vs. Cleveland Sept. 29
    Last edited by nowheresville; 09-12-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Speediest Moderator All-Star snepp's Avatar
    Liked 640 Times in 250 Posts
    I'm a little disappointed they're not going back to a more balanced schedule.
    "Maybe you could go grab a bat and ball… and learn something. Maybe you will get it."
    - Strib commenter educating the elitists on the value of RBI's

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 810 Times in 438 Posts
    Blog Entries
    With the Astros moving to the AL West, what are the odds that Texas will have the best record in the AL next season? 98%? 99%?

Adding an awful Houston team to the AL is going to skew results for a year or two.

I missed 2 interleague series.

Home vs. Miami Aprl 22-23
    @ Atlanta May 20-22

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    You'd think that maybe they would attempt to try to help the crummy teams improve their chances by playing each other more. In the Twins case, we play 91 games against teams .500 or over and 71 against teams under .500. Twins play 7 games against the Yankees, TB, Texas and Oakland and six against Houston. The White Sox will have a huge advantage next season, playing 68 games against teams .500 or better and 94 against under .500 teams (of course they play 19 against the Twins, KC and Cle). In addition, they play 10 home games against 3 of 4 central opponents; a home & home series against the Cubs; a home and home against the Mets and at home with Atlanta; 6 games against the Yankees and Texas and 7 against the Astros. Detroit is more in line with a little less advantage. They play 71 games against teams with .500 or better records and 91 with teams under .500. They play 6 against the Yankees, TB, and Baltimore and 7 against Houston. Their 'regional' rival is Pittsburgh - home and home series.

I don't know if the schedule will be changed, but the Twins, KC and Cle should play Houston, Seattle, Boston, and Toronto 7 times each for the sake of competitiveness.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I don't know if the schedule will be changed, but the Twins, KC and Cle should play Houston, Seattle, Boston, and Toronto 7 times each for the sake of competitiveness. Reply Reply With Quote Blog this Post

Oh Lord. then you could call us the NFL

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I looked at the schedule today. I'm thinking of a road trip to Washington June 7-9. I've never seen the National's park. I have a cousin in the DC area. Great time to revisit the monuments, too.

Quote Originally Posted by twinzgrl View Post
    I looked at the schedule today. I'm thinking of a road trip to Washington June 7-9. I've never seen the National's park. I have a cousin in the DC area. Great time to revisit the monuments, too.
    AA New Britain also plays in the DC area that week, so that's an added bonus. They're at Richmond June 4-6 and at Bowie June 7-9.