Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Article: Small Potatoes

Liked 2,304 Times in 1,295 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Small Potatoes

You can view the page at: http://twinsdaily.com/entry.php?1834-Small-Potatoes

My First Blog.. Be Kind... I had no idea how to post it and no idea how to post it in the forum.

I also have no idea about punctuation, verbs, nouns or anything like that.

Liked 1,295 Times in 749 Posts
    Great job!

I'm looking forward to the September call-ups and imagine that it is a momentous event in most of their lives. At the very least, it gives us a change from the "same old, same old" and a chance to see some new enthusiasm.. At best, we may get a glimpse of someone (or more than one someone) who will be a very special player some day.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Nice job. I wouldn't have known you were a "rookie" at this.

I agree that we need to see the players themselves for who they are, and not just as chips on a board, and understand what these moments mean to them. That being said, I also recognize that for some of these kids a few days of September glory are all their talent level probably merits. I want everybody in a Twins uniform to succeed, but we also have to be honest about each player's potential for the roster going forward. I would hope that we can all be forthright in our appraisals without being mean-spirited and petty.

Nicely done.

Get behind each of these players and remember that they are human and they have individual stories and dreams. If you try to look at it from their point of view. Each baseball moment will be bigger for you and you will find a different level of happiness if they happen to go yard, bloop a single or hang a zero and walk off the mound.
    I try to make it a point to watch every Twins' pitchers debut. It certainly has that element of hope and potential you can't find many places in sports.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 507 Times in 198 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Some of them will come from an upbringing that is way beyond our comprehension. An upbringing where food isn't just a trip to the refrigerator away, shoes are not taken for granted, getting a decent education is near impossible, and they are surrounded by people living in the same conditions, conditions augmented by guns and drugs.
    Nice Job RB. I really dig the humanist angle of your article.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Very nice and well written.