Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Astros hire Baseball Prospectus' Kevin Goldstein

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries

Astros hire Baseball Prospectus' Kevin Goldstein

The Astros, after hiring BP's Mike Fast and interviewing ESPN.com's Keith Law, have now hired prospect guru Kevin Goldstein.

I cannot say I could ever see the Twins following in the Astros' footsteps but I like the direction Houston is taking.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think it's pretty cool. Certainly not the first 'blogger/writer' type to find his way into a big league front office, but always fun to see that kind of thing happen.

Parker could be the Twins director of video coordination.

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    I think it's pretty cool. Certainly not the first 'blogger/writer' type to find his way into a big league front office, but always fun to see that kind of thing happen.

Parker could be the Twins director of video coordination.
    Indeed! Parker does an amazing job of breaking down things in video. Not an easy job, but can prove to be very very helpful in improvement.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 339 Times in 216 Posts
    Hiring a baseball writer/analyst is a great idea depending on the role. Pretty easy to check on his accumen simply by doing an internet search on the guys blogs and articles over the past X amount of years.

Unfortunately I agree with Parker though. The Twins hiring away from the family tree and sabermetric geeks to boot, probably isn't in the cards.

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    See, I was going to say the Twins should hire Seth, what with his extensive knowledge of the prospects. Even Rantz doesn't know all of them like Seth does.

Liked 2,201 Times in 1,242 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Meanwhile... I keep waiting for any of the 30 teams to call me and all I hear is crickets.

I win my fantasy leagues almost every year.

It's almost like the Astro's are looking at people that are connected in some way be it a blog or analyst, ex-major league player or someone with front office experience.

I'm trying not to be frustrated or discouraged. I'll keep waiting for the call.