Thread: Twins Road Trip

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

Twins Road Trip

Is anyone planning on making the road trip to Pittsburgh and Cincinnati in June? I haven't been to PNC yet, so I can't wait. Also, fireworks on Friday night at Great American Ballpark.

These are two of the stadiums I most want to see and I have definitely looked into this. But it would not be a road trip for me... it would be flying into one city, renting a car for the drive between the two, and flying out of the other (I'm in TX).

I'll be road tripping out there starting on Fathers Day Friday and will be going to Beloit, Detroit, Toronto, Rochester, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Des Moines. I've been to Detroit and Pittsburgh and excited to get a second look at those stadiums, and I'm really looking forward to my second trip to Beloit with the rumors that Sano, Mitchell and Rosario will be locking down the infield there. With this being the last year of predictable Interleague scheduling I'm curious to see how well Twins fans will travel.

Liked 109 Times in 59 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think The Voice of Reason and I will be making that road trip. I don't have the details yet, but PNC is one of my favorite parks in the majors (maybe 2nd or 3rd), Pittsburgh is a fun city, and I've heard good things about Cincinnati and their ballpark.

Liked 33 Times in 26 Posts
    This sounds like a summer trip that I should consider. I flew out to see the Twins play at Fenway last year, and now I've made it a goal to see every stadium in the MLB. This seems like a good chance to take a trip and cross a few off the list.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

Father, son trip to see some baseball

I already have my tickets for Cincinnati, they should be pretty good this year and reasonably priced tickets may turn out to be scare if they are in first place in June. Lots of great seats available for not much money in Pittsburgh.

Two very nice stadiums, well within driving distance. Hopefully the Twins will still be playing good ball in June.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Ball Guy View Post
    I'll be road tripping out there starting on Fathers Day Friday and will be going to Beloit, Detroit, Toronto, Rochester, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Des Moines. I've been to Detroit and Pittsburgh and excited to get a second look at those stadiums, and I'm really looking forward to my second trip to Beloit with the rumors that Sano, Mitchell and Rosario will be locking down the infield there. With this being the last year of predictable Interleague scheduling I'm curious to see how well Twins fans will travel.
    Sounds like a great trip... I'm not sure exactly what dates you'll be making the trip from Cincinnati to Des Moines, but I thought I would mention that the Snappers are in Cedar Rapids that weekend of the 22-24, so if you're zipping across Iowa in I-80, a short 20 minute detour would allow you to catch another Beloit game!
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Can anybody tell me about Quad cities? Being located on the river, is it the Minor League version of PacBell?

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Cousin and I are going to Boston when the Twins are there in early August. It will be his first time going to a game at Fenway. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Crikket View Post
    Sounds like a great trip... I'm not sure exactly what dates you'll be making the trip from Cincinnati to Des Moines, but I thought I would mention that the Snappers are in Cedar Rapids that weekend of the 22-24, so if you're zipping across Iowa in I-80, a short 20 minute detour would allow you to catch another Beloit game!

Thanks for the heads up! I'm might have to try to talk the buddy I'm going with into rerouting and heading to Cedar Rapids. We're only going to the Friday game in Cinci so we might be able to hit see both games.