Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Stadium You Have Visited

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries

Favorite Stadium You Have Visited

There are so many great stadiums across baseball so I was wondering what is your favorite stadium that you have visited besides Target Field?

The Twins tend to get some good support on some of their road trips and I am sure a few fans have been to some nicer stadiums than I have visited.

I'm interested to hear where people have been and what they liked about the experience.

Kauffman in KC is excellent. Beautiful park, lots of room to roam around the concourses, great tailgating, friendly fans and staff, and the coldest beer of any park.

I also really like AT&T in San Francisco. Beautiful view, but night games can be chilly if the breeze blows off the bay. They also have very friendly fans and staff.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Outside of Target Field, my favorite is probably Coors Field. Then again, I've only also been to Milwaukee County Stadium and Miller Park, and Comerica.

I've been to 20 MLB parks and my top 3 are Wrigley, Coors, and Kaufman. I also adore Comerica, the giant Tigers everywhere are insanely cool and the statues with the retired numbers are incredible. I'm heading back to Comerica this summer and I fully intend to purchase whatever ticket gains me access to the cigar bar, if only cause it sounds like a totally unique ballpark experience.

Maybe it's because I'm always so drunk and the Twins have traditionally won when I've visited, but Miller Park holds a special place on my list of stadiums visited. It looks completely different in person than on TV, moreso than any other stadium, in my opinion.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I tend to agree with Kirsten about Kansas City and San Francisco being near the top of the list. I've liked KC since it was built, but the remodeling just made it better. I also think they did a good job with the remodel in Anaheim.

Arlington, San Francisco and St Louis are all great ballparks and I still really enjoy games at Camden Yards. Dodger Stadium was a great place to visit, but it really could use updating.

I wish I could say I really like Fenway and Wrigley, but I honestly think they're both just old (though I admit I haven't been to Fenway since their most recent facelift).

Don't much care for US Cellular or Oakland at all and the Trop in St Pete isn't good for much more than a nostalgia fix for Metrodome fans.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I haven't been to a lot of ballparks, but I always enjoy visiting them. Coors Field on a summer evening is hard to beat. Or the Disney Spring training complex near Orlando in March

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have been to 18 of the current and I like Fenway and Wrigley the best. I think Kauffman is also one of the hidden gems that isn't talked enough about. Great American is a fun park with great views of the Ohio river. Awesome cheesesteak at Citizens Bank and you can't beat Boog's BBQ and the warehouse at Camden. Thanks to Camden, we have so many beautiful new, retro style parks.

On the flip side, I find Miller Park overrated. Nice inside, but the retractable roofs diminish the looks a bit. From the outside, Miller and Chase look like warehouses. Just less aesthetically pleasing to me.

Anyone else making the road trip to PNC and/or Great American for the Twins series?
    Last edited by puck34; 03-02-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Twins Contributor Big-Leaguer Cody Christie's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Blog Entries
    St. Louis is such a great baseball town that I really enjoyed my time at Busch Stadium. I found Comerica Park to look very similar to Target Field but with their own tweaks. Miller Park was ok but I didn't like the retractable roof. It made me feel boxed in.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Ball Guy View Post
    my top 3 are Wrigley...
    NOOOOOO! It's old, smells like pee EVERYWHERE, and every seat has a poll blocking home plate or first base.

Kauffman takes it home for me, but I haven't been to a lot of other parks yet. I hear PNC in Pittsburgh is beautiful.

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1. Progressive Field in Fort Wayne indiana http://www.milb.com/ballpark/page.js...=.jsp&sid=t584
    2. Carolina stadium, home of the Gamecocks baseball team. That place is awesome
    3. Target field

if anyone wants explanations Ill go over a full run down later.
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Camden Yards is still pretty fantastic. Probably #1 for me.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

There is a surprising lack of Safeco mentions. It is gorgeous, and on a long August evening, its a great place to watch a game. Probably my favorite.
    I live in Denver now, and Coors is ok, but it still behind Safeco in my book. I grew up a Cubs fan, and Wrigley, while it has its charms, is also kind of disgusting.
    Fenway is weird. Its gorgeous when you are on top, but underneath it looks and feels like a crappy AA stadium. I actually have little desire to go back.
    I haven't been to Camden in years, but I remember it being beautiful.
    Petco is also great, but in some ways Petco is like a vacation; it almost feels fake. The fans aren't too intense about the game and there are dog parks in the outfield.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 433 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My two local ones will probably top the list:

majors - Citizens Bank Park (even though I really like Fenway, too for the history part)

minors - Coca Cola Park , home of the AAA International League Lehigh Valley IronPigs, which is actually a good 15 minute drive for me
    I hear that Jet Blue Park is supposed to be really nice, so I will have to check that out later this month.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Fenway is probably tops for me. Followed by Wrigley, Camden yards, Coors Field and Petco Park (pretty cool that you can just walk up from the street and see the game).

One thing I would be sure to do is the ballpark tour if you are headed out to see another complex. I thought the Fenway tour was great, as well as the old Yankee Stadium tour.

Bucket List:

All of them, especially AT&T, Safeco, Busch, PNC, Comerica

Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Petco in San Diego is on the top of my list. I went during the 2nd year is was open and liked it a lot. It may be because it was one of my first outdoor baseball experiences, but it still seemed to have a fantastic feel to it. On the other side the worst stadium I have been to (excluding the Metrodome) was Houston's Minute Maid Park. That was dark and felt more like a convention center than a baseball stadium.

Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 26 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's Coors Field for me. Spent 2 straight 4th of July's out there to watch some games and I don't think you can beat the post-game atmosphere out on the streets of Lo-Do after games, and the stadium is pretty damn sweet too.

None of the others I've gone too compare to Coors and Target Field for me. Really want to see SafeCo, PetCo, PNC, and AT&T.
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

Baltimore

For my money, aside from Target Field which I think tops it (but not by much), Camden Yards is the best baseball park in the land!

[QUOTE=dave_dw;1921]NOOOOOO! It's old, smells like pee EVERYWHERE

Isn't that part of the fun? The one game I went to at Wrigley was in May and it was about 45 degrees and misting so it wasn't the typical drunken party experience you hear about. Also I sat in the section Ferris Bueller sat in, so no obstructions. I loved the no Jumbotron, no between innings races or shenanigans. It was awesome to drink a few Old Styles while scoring the game and watching Carlos Silva pitch 6 strong before giving way to the $18 million dollar reliever Carlos Zambrano. One day i'll go back and do the drunken bleacher game on a hot sunny day and I'll probably walk away complaining about the pee smell, tight quarters and the douchy Cubs rubes, but for now my Wrigley experience was perfect.

Liked 142 Times in 78 Posts
    I thought I had been to a fair number of stadiums, but I just went through the list and only 4 of the 11 I have been to are still in use. I'd rank those Coors, Ballpark at Arlington, Camden Yards, and then Fenway. I even liked old yankee Stadium better than Fenway, although I haven't seen it since they added the seats on top of the Green Monster.

Of the replaced stadiums, Yankee Stadium the only one on the list that was any kind of loss. Good ridddance to the Met, the Dome, Shea and Arlington. Busch and Riverfront weren't horrible, but they won't be missed either thanks to major upgrades.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast