Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Favorite Stadium You Have Visited

ChuckkJay you're right about the atmosphere during the playoff games. I was there for game one, and up until the Granderson triple that was the best baseball atmosphere I've been a part of. After Cuddy's 3 run shot off C.C the roar from the crowd was on par with 163, or game 1 of the 02 ALCS, which are the other two games I put in my top 3 of all time. Once they lost the lead though the entire crowd just fell silent and that powerful vibe hasn't returned to the stadium since. I believe that will only change once the Twins win a playoff series, winning unexpectedly this year will help, but only when we finally see this team on the cusp of a WS will this fanbase recover.

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    It's really hard to compare Wrigley Field to Petco Park...I've been to about half of them and I think the best one is PNC Park in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately it seems like the Pirates are doomed to have a bad team since they have such a spectacular ballpark. I'm biased of course but I think Target Field is the second best one. But again, there's not much else like seeing the manual scoreboards at Wrigley or seeing all the dents in the green monster at Fenway and appreciating the history of those two ballparks. Most of the stadiums I didn't like aren't around any more (apparently I wasn't the only one who didn't like them...) but I agree with those who said Miller Park is overrated. I've been there a couple of times and even back when the Twins were playing in the Metrodome I was never really that impressed with it. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the newer ones in Cincinnati and Citi Field in New York. I've also never been to the ones in Texas...so many baseball trips, so little time.

Liked 682 Times in 439 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have been to:

Safeco in Seattle
    AT&T in San Fran
    Kaufman in Kansas City
    Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
    Progressive in Cleveland
    Miller Park in Milwaukee
    Rogers Center in Toronto
    Old Comiskey in Chicago
    Old Tiger Stadium in Detroit
    Old Yankee Stadium in Da Bronxs.
    Target Field In Minneapolis and the Metrodome and The Met in Bloomington.

Not an extensive list but from these: AT&T is the best by far. There is not a bad seat in the house. You can see it was a curve all from right field. The bay, location and design are top notch. 2nd best was Kaufman. Love the fountains and the overall experience and the way it just sits there as you drive by it on the interstate. Old Tiger Stadium was cool. Rowdy fans and atmosphere is why it is 3rd.

The worst the Metrodome by far. Can't believe the greatest team in baseball called that place home. Safeco and the Rogers Centre were nothing to write home about either.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been to about a dozen major league parks. AT&T was totally awesome--set there on the bay, the Coke bottle, the garlic fries--but the coolest thing is the Giant's video that Far East Movement did with the music from "Like a G6" and changed it to "Like a G-Man"--absolutely brilliant--really revs up the crowd before every game. Brian Wilson even has his own video that they play as he's entering the game. Little kids (and adults) are wearing Brian Wilson beards and "Panda" hats, palm trees with white lights, "Splashdown" board...so many unique touches....I also really like Progressive (it was Jacob's when I was there) and Camden. I did not like Miller (felt like I was in a fish bowl.) TARGET FIELD is great, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    I have been to:

Safeco in Seattle
    AT&T in San Fran
    Kaufman in Kansas City
    Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
    Progressive in Cleveland
    Miller Park in Milwaukee
    Rogers Center in Toronto
    Old Comiskey in Chicago
    Old Tiger Stadium in Detroit
    Old Yankee Stadium in Da Bronxs.
    Target Field In Minneapolis and the Metrodome and The Met in Bloomington.

Not an extensive list but from these: AT&T is the best by far. There is not a bad seat in the house. You can see it was a curve all from right field. The bay, location and design are top notch. 2nd best was Kaufman. Love the fountains and the overall experience and the way it just sits there as you drive by it on the interstate. Old Tiger Stadium was cool. Rowdy fans and atmosphere is why it is 3rd.

The worst the Metrodome by far. Can't believe the greatest team in baseball called that place home. Safeco and the Rogers Centre were nothing to write home about either.
    I actually liked safeco!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckkJay View Post
    Camden is awesome. Fenway too.

I am a huge Twins fan. I have a banner in my basement that I painted during the '87 run. My wife wants to ditch it --> not happening.

I do like Target. I live in Denver, so I don't get there very often. In fact, the only two times I've been is Game 1 and 2 last fall against the F$%^&NG pinstripes. Here's where I may make some enemies .... I was sorely disappointed.

Not at the field. Very well done. Great ballpark. I'm jealous that most of you get to go anytime you want. Coors out here is a good park, and I'll go see Cuddy a few times this year, but the Rox aren't my boys. The Twins are.
    What disappointed me was, well, ... it was the fans. These were PLAYOFF GAMES. Against the F$%^&NG pinstripes. And the crowd had about the same amount of energy as the crowd at the last funeral I went to. It was QUIET. During a playoff game. I was standing and cheering - FYI, I never, ever curse or yell anything negative during games. I just like to be loud and supportive of the Twins - and was asked to sit down and shut up, three different times. I've never seen anything like it. I went to a number of games during the Rockies' run in 2007 and THAT HOUSE WAS ROCKING. It was electric. Target Field? It was running on a three year old AA battery.

Sorry folks. I'm honestly not trying to stir anything up here. I love the Twins. I hope some of you agree with me, and I hope it changes. I was so disappointed.
    I couldn't agree more! Those playoff games against the Yankees were terrible! Fans should have been standing and cheering whenever we had a base runner!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by striker_86 View Post
    I actually liked safeco!
    Safeco was OK... Just had to rank it behind the other places I've visited. My Family sat in the LF Upper Deck for part of the game. I spilled my beer a couple of times because that stupid train horn would blow behind us and startle me. Safeco was better after we decided to walk around and find a different open seat.

I Still can't put Safeco in the same class as AT&T or Kaufman or Rangers Ballpark.

Rangers Ballpark was a cool experience. My Family sat out in CF. My 2 sons were waiting for the homerun to dead center so they could run out on the grass after it. Sigh... It never happened.

Safeco was OK... Just had to rank it behind the other places I've visited. My Family sat in the LF Upper Deck for part of the game. I spilled my beer a couple of times because that stupid train horn would blow behind us and startle me. Safeco was better after we decided to walk around and find a different open seat.

I Still can't put Safeco in the same class as AT&T or Kaufman or Rangers Ballpark.

Rangers Ballpark was a cool experience. My Family sat out in CF. My 2 sons were waiting for the homerun to dead center so they could run out on the grass after it. Sigh... It never happened.
    Yeah, I sat 6 rows up in right field at Safeco. Also, it was during a mariners-blue jays game. Which is apparently a huge rival with all the Canadiens that invade Seattle. I've also been to Kaufman and definitely agree with you. Haven't been to rangers ball park but it looks fun

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by striker_86 View Post
    Yeah, I sat 6 rows up in right field at Safeco. Also, it was during a mariners-blue jays game. Which is apparently a huge rival with all the Canadiens that invade Seattle. I've also been to Kaufman and definitely agree with you. Haven't been to rangers ball park but it looks fun
    My baseball bucket list is the rest of them. On top of the list. Fenway and Wrigley along with PNC, Petco, Minute Maid and new Marlins park.

I've been to:

The Metrodome
    Target Field
    US Cellular Field (New Comiskey)
    Wrigley Field
    Miller Park
    Kauffman Stadium
    Jacobs (Progressive) Field
    Great American Ballpark (Cincinnati)
    PNC Park

US Cellular was the worst; I really liked PNC Park, Jacobs Field and Kauffman; The Dome of course was the Ugliest, but for some reason I just can't separate the stadium from the memories. Target Field is a great combination of a beautiful ballpark and a team I want to win, I've really enjoyed every trip I've made there. The atmosphere the first year in the playoffs at TF was definitely better than the last playoff game I went to at the Dome (Boof versus the Oakland A's). I guess I need to hit Detroit next, it's the only AL Central city in which I haven't seen a game.

Having been to 18 of them including Target Field, I must say my top three are Camden Yards, Fenway, and Citizens Bank. Camden Yards is definitely the best!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bombo View Post
    Having been to 18 of them including Target Field, I must say my top three are Camden Yards, Fenway, and Citizens Bank. Camden Yards is definitely the best!
    Would you mind listing your 18? I'm planning a family trip east. I have ballpark choices. Had Fenway on my list for sure. Was thinking PNC as well but you got Camden higher. The other choices are Washington, Philly and NY Mets.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Say what you will about Wrigley, but the atmosphere there is unlike any other. The park is very intimate, and the people were great.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Would you mind listing your 18? I'm planning a family trip east. I have ballpark choices. Had Fenway on my list for sure. Was thinking PNC as well but you got Camden higher. The other choices are Washington, Philly and NY Mets.
    On page 3 I listed more than 18. I even mentioned then that it's obviously the right order. Asking someone else's opinion right here where I can read it? Just a slap in the face! Haha.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CDog View Post
    On page 3 I listed more than 18. I even mentioned then that it's obviously the right order. Asking someone else's opinion right here where I can read it? Just a slap in the face! Haha.
    I apologize... My Bad... I joined the thread late and didn't look backwards. Kinda Like when I was younger... I started listening to Boston and Foreigner. It took me awhile to realize that there was Led Zeppelin and Neil Young before them.

Cdog... You are Zeppelin in that analogy.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I haven't been to many stadiums yet, but I've always wanted to visit Camden Yards, Fenway, and PNC Park.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234