Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Stadium You Have Visited

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My favorite ballpark is without question Fenway Park (Boston). I have visted there three times and it's really amazing. They have remodeled many areas of the ballpark and it's unreal. Some honorable mentions are New Bush Stadium (St. Louis), PNC Park (Pittsburgh), Camden Yard (Baltimore).

The worst stadium was Old Shea Stadium (Queens, New York). What a garbage pit.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 158 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've made it to about 2/3 of the stadiums, so I can't vouch for SafeCo or Pac Bell, both of which I've love to see.

#6 - Kauffman - It's unbelievable that such a good stadium was built at that time, but it's that well done. I liked it even more before the remodel.
    #5 - Dodger Stadium - I expect to see The Rat Pack having martinis behind home plate. Cool vibe.
    #4 - Fenway - Historic, passionate and a great neighborhood. Wrigley-light.
    #3 - Camden Yards - In many ways, it is the "new original." Best of new and old, but it's been awhile since I've been there, so this is the one I'm least sure of.
    #2 - PNC Park - Best new ballpark. Beautiful. Breathtaking views. I'd go and sit there most nights even if there wasn't a game. Maybe the ultimate date park.
    #1 - Wrigley - On a warm day, with the sun-shining, a breeze in your face and a few clouds slowly approaching, you could believe it was 1920 and you are at what a baseball game should be.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Blog Entries
    Oh, and off the top of my head, I think I'd put both Miller Park, (new) Yankee Stadium, the Skydome and Comiskey as four of the worst five.

Chicago really, really missed the boat on Comiskey (U.S. Cellular now). It opened in 1991 -- just one year before Camden Yards -- and it was as if the White Sox paid no attention at all to what the architects were doing in Baltimore; or perhaps they just didn't realize that Camden was going to be the beginning of the next wave of new, yet classic feeling, stadiums.
    Andrew Walter
    Twins Fan From Afar
    Providing Twins and Rock Cats Coverage
    http://twinsfanfromafar.blogspot.com
    Follow me on Twitter: @MNfanfromafar

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    Oh, and off the top of my head, I think I'd put both Miller Park, (new) Yankee Stadium, the Skydome and Comiskey as four of the worst five.
    I had completely forgotten that I'd been to Skydome... that's how unimpressed I was with it.

I still love Camden Yards, but the one thing they didn't think to do "right" there was that they put the concession stands/concourses behind the seats, rather than "inside" with a view of the field. I guess that's an improvement that came with newer "retro" ballpark designs. Still, other than that, Camden Yards has held up really well in my book.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Twitter
    @Andy_Twitchell
    Liked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Metrodome was by far the greatest baseball stadium and I believe should still be used to this day!

If only sarcasm could be read through the internet

Besides Target Field, Fenway is easily my favorite. There is so much history and the park is still great after 100 years.

Been to Wrigley, Dodger Stadium, Comerica, Jacobs/Progressive Field, Tropicana Field, Kaufman, Target Field, and Kingdome (yes I am that old). Of those I would rank them as follows: Kaufman, Dodger Stadium, and Target Field. Reason Kaufman and Dodger Stadium are ahead of Target Field is because of the tailgating. I think that the Metrodome was worse than Tropicana Field even with the catwalks being in play.

I have visited 3 stadiums: The Metrodome, Target Field and Miller Park. Miller Park is my favorite. When I get the chance I would like to visit:
    Citizens Bank Ballpark
    AT&T Park
    Oriole Stadium at Camden Yards
    Coors Field
    among the rest...
    Last edited by wblmayo24; 03-02-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Senior Member Triple-A TwinsGuy55422's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For me it would be Wrigley. Very historical and love the neighborhood.
    TwinsGuy55422
    "And we'll see ya tomorrow night!!!!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My favorite ball park is the one I'm in that day!!!!

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gernzy View Post
    The Metrodome was by far the greatest baseball stadium and I believe should still be used to this day!

If only sarcasm could be read through the internet
    Actually the Metrodome was a great stadium and the Twins had a great home field advantage in the 80s and early 90s when the fans new when to shut up (like when your team is pitching) and when to be loud (like when your team is hitting.) Yeah the food was limited and the cow troughs in the bathrooms were awful but back then most fans cared about the game. These days, people go to the park and rarely sit down and watch... more of a social scene. So in that matter the Metrodome has been a failure recently...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Oh, yeah! I like Camden a lot too. How could I forget Boog's barbecue and all those homerun plaques out on the plaza.

Besides Target Field, my favorite stadium is Autozone Park, Home of the Memphis Redbirds the AAA affilate of the Cardinals.

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Blog Entries
    I'll add a recommendation. Get up to Duluth & visit Wade stadium for a Northwoods League game. It's a big brick ballpark. Crummy neighborhood but great old ballpark.

Wrigley is Tops for me. The whole experience is some of the most fun I've ever had. (Milton Bradley throwing a 2 out ball in the stands helps) Camden Yards, Target Field and Citizen's Bank are right there. I like Minute Maid and Citi Field as well. Fenway is also a lot of fun. Road tripping to Cincinnati & Pittsburgh this year and all Califormia stadiums next year, so my opinions may change. I also recommend New Britain's stadium. Slightly upscale, good food and beer.

New Yankees Stadium is easily the most over-rated. A monument to the Yankees, not baseball.

I'm glad to see all the love for Kauffman Stadium. I'm planning on going there in July and it sounds like it will be worth it.

I've only Been to Miller Park, and it was pretty sweet.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ive only been to the Metrodome, and Target Field Target Feild is my fraviot

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Fenway Park is unbelievable. They have remodeled several areas inside to make it even nicer. I have been three times and it's jaw dropping when you first walk inside it. Some honorable mentions are the New Bush Stadium (St. Louis), Camden Yard (Baltimore), and for sure PNC Park (Pittsburgh). Next on my list is Safeco Field and The Ballpark in Arlington.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Of the ones I've been to 1. Safeco 2. Coors 3. Comerica 4. Old Busch during Pujols rookie season.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast