Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Twins vs Mariners, 08-29-2012, 7:10pm

Liked 669 Times in 431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    Why do I feel like someone who's crawled through the desert for two days and is now drowning in the oasis?
    Thats because you are. Don't worry you can't drown in an oasis though. You can however drown in a pool on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.

That isn't a metaphor or anything... I just think its odd that you can drown in a pool on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.

Liked 291 Times in 163 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    Maybe Hageman's article has created some good juju for Plouffe. It's nice to see... very, very nice.
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Plouffe is reading this website?

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts
    Nice game boys!!!
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbrian View Post
    Why do I feel like someone who's crawled through the desert for two days and is now drowning in the oasis?
    Thats because you are. Don't worry you can't drown in an oasis though. You can however drown in a pool on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.

That isn't a metaphor or anything... I just think its odd that you can drown in a pool on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean.
    Yo RB. Not to budge in and poop in your soup, but I think you can drown in an Oasis... you can't drown in a Mirage. The rest of what you said was hilarious!

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Did I read that box score correctly? Deduno with 9/0 K/BB ratio?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glunn View Post
    Maybe Hageman's article has created some good juju for Plouffe. It's nice to see... very, very nice.
    I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Plouffe is reading this website?
    Could be... or maybe Parker Hageman is a mystic in the ways of Plouffetism. Either way I am fine and dandy with it!

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    To bad they could score some of those runs in the 1st two games or is that waiver wire stuff again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    To bad they could score some of those runs in the 1st two games or is that waiver wire stuff again.
    It's never a party without you Top Gun. Thanks for chiming in!

Liked 669 Times in 431 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yo RB. Not to budge in and poop in your soup, but I think you can drown in an Oasis... you can't drown in a Mirage. The rest of what you said was hilarious!
    Oasis is a Pop/Rock band from England?

Ahh... I see... My mistake.. The Homonym has got me again.

Last winter this female co-worker came into my office and asked if she could use my office for some privacy. There were tears in her eyes. So I said... "absolutely... what's wrong? Anything I can do?".

She said... "I can't stop gaining weight... I don't even want to go out in public anymore. I can't look in the mirror. I just sat in my chair and it broke. Everyone saw it happen... I'm so embarrassed".

I didn't know what to say... I thought about who was going to pay for the chair but I smartly held my tongue and thought about what to say. It was an uncomfortable period of silence.

She started to cry a little harder and choked up she says... "I should stop blubbering like this".

That homonym got me... I replied... "we all blubber when our metabolism slows down".
    Last edited by Riverbrian; 08-29-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Oasis is a Pop/Rock band from England?

Ahh... I see... My mistake.. The Homonym has got me again.

Last winter this female co-worker came into my office and asked if she could use my office for some privacy. There were tears in her eyes. So I said... "absolutely... what's wrong? Anything I can do?".

She said... "I can't stop gaining weight... I don't even want to go out in public anymore. I can't look in the mirror. I just sat in my chair and it broke. Everyone saw it happen... I'm so embarrassed".

I didn't know what to say... I thought about who was going to pay for the chair but I smartly held my tongue and thought about what to say. It was an uncomfortable period of silence.

She started to cry a little harder and choked up she says... "I should stop blubbering like this".

That homonym got me... I replied... "we all blubber when our metabolism slows down".
    Jibber Jabbers! I am not sure what to make of the Oasis thing, Maybe it has all gone over my head, but I believe you could drown in an Oasis in the desert and a handful have probably drowned themselves in the band Oasis... so very, very unfortunate. I get the rest of it and if it is not fictional... ouch! RB, you are a breath of fresh air on this site - I very much enjoy what you bring to the table!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by snepp View Post
    Man muscles for Mauersie.
    pfft. warning track strength.
    Doesn't count anyway cuz the pitcher threw it hard.

Pixel Monkey MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Liked 757 Times in 420 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Watching the game now... Mauer must have been saying "What the hell do I have to do to hit a ball out of this stadium?" He absolutely crushed that pitch.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Watching the game now... Mauer must have been saying "What the hell do I have to do to hit a ball out of this stadium?" He absolutely crushed that pitch.
    Try hitting it anywhere but dead away center.

Super Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 593 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Try hitting it anywhere but dead away center.
    Worked for Plouffe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123