Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Look for Plouffe to rebound

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Plouffe clearly was favoring his bruised thumb when he returned. The sudden acceleration from his hip turn must put a lot of pressure on that area as both hands whip forward and his right hand must push through and roll over. I see no reason he can't resume his power hitting after his thumb is completely healed over the winter.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Parker, nice article. It is nice to see a pro-Plouffetist article and thread floating around this site in a time where it seems like the vultures are picking at his bones. The end of your article was especially positive and as a participant of TD - I appreciate it.

Viva Plouffe!!!

Grrr. I was a huge Plouffe booster the last couple of years. I just wanted them to pick a position (anywhere!) and leave him alone for 400 ABs to see what he can do. Finally....he gets his shot and starts to run with it. Then this.

Obviously he could have benefited from more time on his rehab stint. I fear the hand will bother him the rest of the year (similar to what happened to Cuddy). And when we look at his numbers at the end of the year, they will not look good because of that. That said, I believe the key for him is to improve defensively. I think they saw enough of his bat to know he can produce some decent power numbers. But he can keep himself in the lineup through the batting slumps if he's making the plays in the field.

Senior Member All-Star Badsmerf's Avatar
    Liked 76 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Did it again Parker. One more time and I'm flagging you for it.

Plouffe must've read this article before tonight's game. Rebound, indeed!

He finally gets #20 on the year. I would love to see him and Morneau have a nice September going into the offseason.

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 504 Times in 195 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Parker - you are a prophet of Plouffetism or the Plouffe Whisperer. Great Job!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just a point of clarification...Did he actually take a pitch off the thumb? I thought he just got jammed and the bat/thumb connection did the damage. Just curious.