Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Levi Michael gets some press

Levi Michael gets some press

Liked 132 Times in 85 Posts
    Not exactly the kind of press you want to see about a Twins prospect.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Not exactly the kind of press you want to see about a Twins prospect.
    Agreed. I was pretty surprised to see the 30th overall pick in last year's draft already showing up as "a bust". I took the article with a grain of salt. Yeah, he's disappointed this year. But at least they point out his hip and ankle injuries have affected him. Let's hope next year is much better.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Monkeypaws's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 67 Posts
    I guess I'm surprised that they expected more out of him than that. It is a kind of back-handed compliment.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    I watch him every morning when I log on along with Arcia, Hicks, Sano, Rosario and Benson. I have been hoping to see his stats start to rise throughout the season. No joy in Mudville. I hope he will find it. Although I like what Florimon has shown, it is a small sample and we are still very much up in the air in the middle infield.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It is early in his career and the injuries could hinder him quite a bit. Will be interesting if the Twins send him back to FT. Myers or to New Britian next year. That will say how the Twins few this year. Middle infield at this time is a hole for the Twins, so his improvment could fast track him.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was never big on Levi Michael, and thought the Twins over drafted him due to need rather then talent. But at the same time, though he has struggled at Ft. Myers his numbers really have improved as of late, and Ft. Myers is a pretty bad team with not a ton of talent there. I'd send him to New Britain and try to get a read on him.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 24 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I get the impression that Levi Michael was so banged up coming out of college that it might take a full year to get healthy. That puts him a year behind, but not out of all consideration as a prospect.

Next year will be key to Levi Michael's career in baseball. One more unimpressive season and he's officially a draft bust. Still, it's hard to believe that a guy rated as such a good all-around player could suddenly forget how to play baseball.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It struck me as odd that the Twins didn't start him off with at least a few weeks in Beloit before sending him to Ft. Myers, but figured his health issues were such that they wanted him where the training staff at the Ft. Myers complex could keep an eye on him. Seems like High A was a rough place to start him, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, though.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 70 Posts
    bleacher report is the lousiest website. Anyone of us could post a slideshow on the website, and it would come up on a google search. How do you call someone drafted last year, at the end of the first round, a bust. That is kind of funny. Thats like calling Harrison Smith a bust because his preseason stats are only average. Like saying Robbie Hummel is a bust because he might not make the T-wolves roster. This mike rosenbaum sounds like a real elite baseball mind.

P.S. he did just come out with another slide show where he had Arcia as the number one under the radar September call-up. Which if I am not mistaken, is an oxymoron.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post
    bleacher report is the lousiest website. Anyone of us could post a slideshow on the website, and it would come up on a google search. How do you call someone drafted last year, at the end of the first round, a bust. That is kind of funny. Thats like calling Harrison Smith a bust because his preseason stats are only average. Like saying Robbie Hummel is a bust because he might not make the T-wolves roster. This mike rosenbaum sounds like a real elite baseball mind.

P.S. he did just come out with another slide show where he had Arcia as the number one under the radar September call-up. Which if I am not mistaken, is an oxymoron.
    Word. In another list they said that next year Parmalee will start for the Twins in left and Pavano will be the opening day SP.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    If it says BleacherReport I just ignore it. Somehow managed to sell for 200 million though.