Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAA/AA team rosters next yr

AAA/AA team rosters next yr

Many claim they did a great job with 6yr FA's...not one of em myself.
    Problem I see is there is plenty of players set for AAA, but the AA roster could be iffy (not much @ Ft Myers). Will AA players be held back (again), as its easier to find FA's to go to AAA than AA?? Of course, its up to what the MLB team looks like but a quick look ahead
    Pos.........AAA................................... ........................ AA
    C---Chris Hemann/Drew Butera................ Josmil Pinto/Danny Lehman w/Danny Lehman around if MN keeps 3 Cs
    1B-Chris Collabello.....................................No one stands out
    2B-Tusyushi Nishioka.................................Daniel Santana
    SS-Eduardo Escobar..................................Levi Michaels
    3B-Deibinson Romero................................No one stands out
    UT-Nate Hanson/2nd guy??......................James Beresford and/or Starlin DeLos Santos
    OF-Aaron Hicks/Rene Tosoni.....................Lance Ray/Danny Ortiz
    ......Oswaldo Arcia/Joe Benson...................nobody else stands out
    ..... Evan Bigley...5 OFs alot w/Hermann (Tosoni stays in AA??)
    SP-Nick Blackburn/Kyle Gibson..................Steve Hirshfield/Logan Darnell
    ......BJ Hermsen/Pedro Hernandez..............David Bromberg/Andrew Albers
    ......Cole DeVries
    RP-Bruce Pugh/Carlos Gutierrez................Matt Hauer/Dakota Watts
    .......Bobby Lanigan/Lester Oliveras.............Blake Martin/Marty Popham
    .......Caleb Thielbar/Daniel Turpen...............Michael Tonkin/Jose Gonzalez

Ft Myers starters could be Adrian Salcedo/Manuel Sollimon/Madison Boer/Matt Summers/Pat Dean/Jason Wheeler/Tom Stuffbergon....will one/two of those jump to AA, pushing Bromberg to AAA??

See what I mean, most of these guys HAVE to be @ AAA...New Brit could be shallow
    Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 08-26-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Too early to tell.

Many of the players you list (including Tosoni and Deibi Romero and Cole DeVries) will be MiLB FAs
    We all know that the Twins will sign about 20 MiLB FAs between now and the end of February. Will probably try to keep some of the ones they have too (I think Carson and Rivera for sure and maybe Dinkelman and Clete Thomas) Plus a few pitchers.

Too early to tell.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Jeremy's site roster lists Tosoni as FA after 13' but I think he is also (didnt play first yr...visa issues??).
    Cole DeVries is on 40 man roster, so there isnt any FAgency....yet
    Romero, yup agree, but assuming MN will resign him.
    Dink/Rivera also 6yr FA's as is Clete (he is gone) as he see's writing on wall.
    I assume they will sign some FA's also, but where do they fit??? Carson especially since he's on 40 man (for time bein). Some of these guys I project to AAA (Roberts/Benson/Tosoni/Hermann for ex) have been in AA a couple yrs already

If Morneau stays, Parmelee starts at AAA. I picture Butera being non-tendered. He may not stay with Twins, seeing Lehmann ahead of him. But the Twins will need at least one mlfa catcher for Rochester. Sean Burroughs may stay. Dozier/Florimon/Escobar...one of the three will start at AAA. Picture Holimon and Chang may return...where else can they go. Tosoni will start at AA...he has no choice. Two FA outfielders at least. Pitching should pretty much be prospects...but the Twins may keep Deduno, Perdumo, Walters, Vasquez, Manship, Guerra, Waldrop around and not in the majors (and DeVries, expect him to be waived at some point but stay with Twins). You don't find many AA free agents, these guys are usually like Tosoni, no place to go but stay and try and turn-around. Always lots of 26-28th roster guys, or 41-45 roster guys, every year. It's not worth it to 40-man people like Clete Thomas, Matt Carson, guess you can say Slama, Gray. Make them work for a roster spot. Competition for replacement backups is something fierce.
    Joel Thingvall
    www.thingvall.com
    rosterman at www.twinscards.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rosterman View Post
    If Morneau stays, Parmelee starts at AAA. I picture Butera being non-tendered. He may not stay with Twins, seeing Lehmann ahead of him. But the Twins will need at least one mlfa catcher for Rochester. Sean Burroughs may stay. Dozier/Florimon/Escobar...one of the three will start at AAA. Picture Holimon and Chang may return...where else can they go. Tosoni will start at AA...he has no choice. Two FA outfielders at least. Pitching should pretty much be prospects...but the Twins may keep Deduno, Perdumo, Walters, Vasquez, Manship, Guerra, Waldrop around and not in the majors (and DeVries, expect him to be waived at some point but stay with Twins). You don't find many AA free agents, these guys are usually like Tosoni, no place to go but stay and try and turn-around. Always lots of 26-28th roster guys, or 41-45 roster guys, every year. It's not worth it to 40-man people like Clete Thomas, Matt Carson, guess you can say Slama, Gray. Make them work for a roster spot. Competition for replacement backups is something fierce.
    Butera waived....do you even KNOW this organization!!! What an offseason xmas present, do need to add 1 or 2 Cs to 40 man tho
    Agree on the SS...for arguement sake, I just picked Escobar unless we sign a SS (love the Stephen Drew idea).
    Deduno, Walters, Manship, Vasquez (if added) & Guerra are all out of options...dont see anyone but Esmeril as having a chance to make the team....Perdomo WILL be taken off 40 man, Waldrop could (50/50 on it) as could Cole for sure (think he has a shot to stay, depending on how he finishes of course).

For AA purposes also, guys like Roberts/Rosario/Sano/Vargas/Wickens could be fast (June 1) promotions so you may not want anyone there that isnt expendable. They didnt promote em this year, but MN has shown it will promote out of High A relatively fast if you play well (Hermsen/Arcia/Dozier/Hermann for ex). Its AA, they get stuck at.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Stuifbergen and Dean better be starting in New Britain. Bromberg will need to go to Rochester as well.

Now sure how you picture Nate Roberts becoming a AAA utility infielder next year, when he's a starting OF in Low A this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Stuifbergen and Dean better be starting in New Britain. Bromberg will need to go to Rochester as well.

Now sure how you picture Nate Roberts becoming a AAA utility infielder next year, when he's a starting OF in Low A this year.
    Yup.....Nate Hanson.....sorry
    Fixed it
    Bromberg is a guy (6 yr FA also) that I just dont get what MN thinks/want out of him....absolutely should be in AAA NOW imo.
    Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 08-26-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Is Arcia going to be hurt starting the season in New Britain? Not saying he deserves to stay in AA but a thin group of OF at AA it might make more sense to start him there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pius Jefferson View Post
    Is Arcia going to be hurt starting the season in New Britain? Not saying he deserves to stay in AA but a thin group of OF at AA it might make more sense to start him there.
    Dont think Arcia will, but definately believe they could do this with Benson....whom I predict is gonna be dealt this winter anyways.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 380 Times in 201 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It wouldn't hurt him at all... and if he's as good as we all believe, he'll rake and be up in Rochester within 6 weeks. Same thing with Hicks really.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    It wouldn't hurt him at all... and if he's as good as we all believe, he'll rake and be up in Rochester within 6 weeks. Same thing with Hicks really.
    there is nothing that stuns me with how MN runs its minor leagues......either of these would do it

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 564 Times in 369 Posts
    The only thing that would hurt him with starting in AA, is if that delayed his arrival to the majors past when he was ready to be up here and contributing. So, if leaving him in AA doesn't mean they don't promote him "because he has no time at AAA", then I don't care much. I just don't want players sitting in the minors, when they are better than guys in the majors, or guys blocking them could be traded to make room for them when the team is thin in talent.
    Lighten up Francis....

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 29 Times in 14 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Twins are going to have to hit the Minor FA market hard again next year as Fort Meyers is a terrible team with very few prospects.

Danny Santana is the only one who actually deserves a promotion.
    Pat Dean, Danny Ortiz and Lance Ray are on the bubble with Dean is likely most deserving But I like Ray's and Ortiz's pop in their bat.
    Just about everyone else should be cut, stay where they are or demoted.

For example:
    Levi Michael - Needs to be demoted next year. Hopefully he sees some easier pitchers, gets his confidence back and learns how to hit professionally. He is terrible at the plate and in the field he is not all that great too.

Quote Originally Posted by clutterheart View Post
    Twins are going to have to hit the Minor FA market hard again next year as Fort Meyers is a terrible team with very few prospects.

Danny Santana is the only one who actually deserves a promotion.
    Pat Dean, Danny Ortiz and Lance Ray are on the bubble with Dean is likely most deserving But I like Ray's and Ortiz's pop in their bat.
    Just about everyone else should be cut, stay where they are or demoted.

For example:
    Levi Michael - Needs to be demoted next year. Hopefully he sees some easier pitchers, gets his confidence back and learns how to hit professionally. He is terrible at the plate and in the field he is not all that great too.
    Have no problem if they make Levi repeat High A, but since June 1st (68gms) he's hitting .276 (64/232) w/.368OBP--.332Slgg leaves something to be desired. He had a horrendous May (.168BA) after a so-so April (.250)

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also believe the Twins will be active in the minor league FA market and should get some takers except for outfiieders. Hate to give up on Benson already and believe that either Hicks or Arcia or maybe both will be in the major leagues. I still believe Span will be traded in the offseason to clear room for these outfielders. I do not think the Hicks or Arcia will need a lot of time in AAA. It might still be toward the end of spring training, but I think you can get more in the winter. Believe Floriman will be the starting SS next year, and if it is Dozier will still make the club. Escobar will probably be given most of the year at AAA to refine his hitting. More of Beliot may be moved to New Britian than most of us think. Maybe Mastroranni is a AAA with a platoon of Carson and Arcia in RF in Minnesota. I believe Hicks will be called up for a look, they will wait on Arcia until spring.

Don't demote Michael when Sano and Rosario are headed for Fort Myers next season.

Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I am guessing either Sano or Rosario or both will be in AA by June. They will also be joined by 1 or 2 of the relief pitchers that make Beliot in July/August. I would not be surprised if Rosario made New Britian to start the year. Twins need to plan ahead and see how soon some of their lower minor talent from this year will arrive.
    Most of Elizabethian Talent should start at Beliot, a few depending on openings will be in Fort Meyer.
    Bromberg should be in AAA to see if he is worth keeping over the next couple of years.
    Am hoping for trades or signings to put some starters with stuff at AAA and AA.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 121 Times in 67 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Jeremy's site roster lists Tosoni as FA after 13' but I think he is also (didnt play first yr...visa issues??).
    Tosoni was tough to figure. He was a draft and follow and then didnt debut until the next year. I wouldnt believe that any of that would affect how much service tim he actually had though, he still needs six fulll seasons.

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 124 Times in 90 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I do see a lot of repetition at Fort Myers to begin the year (Morales, perhaps Santana and Ortiz, then there is the mystery that is Danny Rams). I wouldn't mind it if the Twins hit the Indy leagues again and put him/them (most likely) at AA like they did with Colabello.

No more Clete Thomas, Joe Thurston, or Shawn Roof, please.

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    AJ Achter should be in AA
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast