Thread: Log in timeouts

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm becoming kind of annoyed by something and before I let it turn me completely off from continuing to post in the forum, I thought I'd check to see if it's something I'm doing wrong or if it really is in the system.

I seem to have to continuously log in over and over again every time I want to post something in the forum. I get that requiring a log in to participate in the discussions is probably a good idea, if not a necessity, in something like this. But do I really have to log in over and over again every time I post a comment in a new thread or under a different topic... all within the same session? Is there a "time out" setting that's set at about five minutes or something?

I really like the forum feature, but I can't tell you how many times I've typed up a response only to get the "you must log in again... again... " message and decided "screw it."

Anyway... thanks for letting me vent and please let me know if there's something I'm doing wrong that's causing this.

Now pardon me while I copy this text and go log in again so I can paste it back in to a new window and post it.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member Triple-A jtrinaldi's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    i have had the same problems...
    Follow my photography, group page can be found here.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rinald...56164664420932

Not trying to discount the issues you have had.

I have not experienced that issue - I logged in once (at the top right of the page) and have stayed logged in for days.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    JC - has this issue gone away since the log-in was increased from 30 to 60 minutes?

For what it is worth, I seem to be able to remain logged in day after day. Does it make a difference what browser we use? I'm using Chrome.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    JC - has this issue gone away since the log-in was increased from 30 to 60 minutes?
    Yes, thanks. This is much better!
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~