Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another move: Walrop up, Carson down

Another move: Walrop up, Carson down

bullpen too taxed says Gardy. Use the pen differently then!!!

surprises me as I thought Kyle may have been a candidate for a DFA....if not for a Sept callup, then this offseason.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,603 Times in 832 Posts
    Blog Entries
    With Span back, there's no need for Carson.

With that said, where the **** is Anthony Slama? This is getting ridiculous.

Senior Member All-Star 70charger's Avatar
    Liked 198 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post

With that said, where the **** is Anthony Slama? This is getting ridiculous.
    That guy's terrible! He can't even get his ERA over 1!

Wait, how does ERA work?

Get flustered with Gardy having a pitcher getting yanked early & goin 6 innings with 6 pitchers (for ex) & then complaining about his pen bein taxed.
    No rule that you cant have your LONG reliever go 4/5 innnings & save the pen & lose 1 guy for 3/4days.

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Beg to differ. I'd rather see Carson get some play at the OF with Doumit at C and Willy DH and see Mr Butera's scholarship terminated. Let's see if Carson can be part of the solution for 2013. We all know what Butera cannot do and having a 3rd catcher in this team is a luxury.
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Twitter
    @twinsgeek
    Liked 164 Times in 96 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    Beg to differ. I'd rather see Carson get some play at the OF with Doumit at C and Willy DH and see Mr Butera's scholarship terminated. Let's see if Carson can be part of the solution for 2013. We all know what Butera cannot do and having a 3rd catcher in this team is a luxury.
    I agree. I'd rather have a bench bat than a 3rd catcher.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 87 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Let's see if Carson can be part of the solution for 2013.
    I think the Twins are smart enough to know the answer to that is no without needing to some much of him in the majors.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 87 Times in 31 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by John Bonnes View Post
    Disagree. Having Butera around to take some starts lessens the risk of Mauer or Doumit suffering a late-season injury behind the plate. I don't really see why the Twins need five outfielders at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Disagree. Having Butera around to take some starts lessens the risk of Mauer or Doumit suffering a late-season injury behind the plate. I don't really see why the Twins need five outfielders at this point.
    cant disagree more.....no other team feels need to field 3 catchers
    maybe we need a backup 3B so Plouffe doesnt have a late season injury is the same reasoning.....big what if factor

Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 446 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Nelson View Post
    Let's see if Carson can be part of the solution for 2013.
    I think the Twins are smart enough to know the answer to that is no without needing to some much of him in the majors.
    Like they knew the answer with Garrett Jones who was let go, while they were trotting the likes of Tolbert on the bench and on the field in competitive teams?
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 491 Times in 236 Posts
    Blasphemy!! 1000 lashes.
    Chris Hermann solves everything. hat tip to jokin

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 381 Times in 234 Posts
    It's a week until rosters expand, I could care less if Carson gets 6 additional at-bats or if Waldrop gets three extra innings of work. I'll save my frustrations for the moment we find out who does or does not get a September call up.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    I don't see what the big deal is when Doumit and Mauer are both in the lineup every day playing C, 1B, DH, or OF. Butera barely gets any playing time and if his presence makes Gardy feel a little better about running both Joe and Ryan onto the field every night, so be it. Matt Carson swapping places with Drew Butera changes little, if anything.

And at this point, I wouldn't even mind seeing the Son of Sal get more time behind the dish. No point in wearing out two of your better hitters in a lost season.

Carson was gonna make $3086 per game upon his recall for the final 45gms (approx 139K).
    Because Scot Diamond doesnt know how to properly hit a batter in the rear, he's back in minors after making $21,602 in 7gms w/o a guarrantee he'll be recalled in Sept (could get hurt/DFAd for Walter/Hicks/Vazquez etc). Even if he is after ROC season, it cost him 11 MLB gms (34K in pay).
    Wonder if he's upset w/Scot ????

I don't see what the big deal is when Doumit and Mauer are both in the lineup every day playing C, 1B, DH, or OF. Butera barely gets any playing time and if his presence makes Gardy feel a little better about running both Joe and Ryan onto the field every night, so be it. Matt Carson swapping places with Drew Butera changes little, if anything.

And at this point, I wouldn't even mind seeing the Son of Sal get more time behind the dish. No point in wearing out two of your better hitters in a lost season.
    This is why Chris Hermann should be the 3rd C next yr instead of Drew but he wont. At least with Hermann, you get a legit hitter who can ALSO play multiple positions & PH & generally be usefull on a roster rather than only insurance.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    This is why Chris Hermann should be the 3rd C next yr instead of Drew but he wont. At least with Hermann, you get a legit hitter who can ALSO play multiple positions & PH & generally be usefull on a roster rather than only insurance.
    And I have zero problems with that. I'd like to see Butera off the roster (just like everybody else) but I don't see it as a pressing concern at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    And I have zero problems with that. I'd like to see Butera off the roster (just like everybody else) but I don't see it as a pressing concern at this point.
    At this point, absolutely no. Just changing the overall thinking of the organiztion regarding this issue is needed tho.

Drew Butera is the most maligned backup catcher ever!!

Twins fans loved Chunky LeCroy, who was listed a s a catcher, but couldn't catch, yet hate Butera who is apparently beloved by all who throw to him. Mauer's injury, which forced us to use Butera WAAAAAY more often than he should've been in 2011 certainly exposed him as someone who'll never be a #1 catcher (at least as much as someone can be exposed who was never thought of as being such), but he is what he is, a dependable backup catcher who works well with the staff, throws out runners at a good clip and allows the Twins to not only keep Mauer from overworking his delicate body behind the plate (and thus keeping his .320 in the lineup), but also allows the incredibly versatile Doumit to be...well, versatile!

I don't get it.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TD Mac View Post

Twins fans loved Chunky LeCroy, who was listed a s a catcher, but couldn't catch, yet hate Butera who is apparently beloved by all who throw to him. Mauer's injury, which forced us to use Butera WAAAAAY more often than he should've been in 2011 certainly exposed him as someone who'll never be a #1 catcher (at least as much as someone can be exposed who was never thought of as being such), but he is what he is, a dependable backup catcher who works well with the staff, throws out runners at a good clip and allows the Twins to not only keep Mauer from overworking his delicate body behind the plate (and thus keeping his .320 in the lineup), but also allows the incredibly versatile Doumit to be...well, versatile!

I don't get it.
    I find it mildly amusing that someone reported this post. I assume it's because the post was pro-Butera.

Please don't do that, guys... Even if it does make me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by TD Mac View Post

I don't get it.
    I can hit as well as Butera. Think about that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast