Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: 'Twins fan' caught with stolen car

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries

'Twins fan' caught with stolen car

Having a broad knowledge off all baseball teams can potentially keep you out of jail.

According to the Chippewa Herald, an 17-year-old from Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin was approached in his 1991 Ford Mustang by local police - as the vehicle in question was registered to a woman from Lake Elmo, Minnesota. The 17-year-old provided the cops with a false name and told them that the car belonged to his girlfriend's aunt "or something".

Then his story unraveled due to his baseball allegiance:

Noticing that the man was wearing a Twins shirt but had an Indianís key lanyard, Jacobson [the police officer] questioned him about both sports teams. Despite claiming to follow both teams, he did not appear to know much about the Indians.
    Moral of the story? Try to learn something about every franchise to help maintain your alibi.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 184 Times in 107 Posts
    Or don't try to lie about following two teams. If the car is gf's aunt's, then say she's a scumbag Indian fan.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PseudoSABR View Post
    Or don't try to lie about following two teams. If the car is gf's aunt's, then say she's a scumbag Indian fan.
    Thieves aren't terribly bright, as I recently learned. Had my iPad stolen from my house and the dumbasses didn't realize that iPads have a built-in tracking function. An hour later, I was at their house with the cops.

Twins News Team All-Star PseudoSABR's Avatar
    Liked 184 Times in 107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Thieves aren't terribly bright, as I recently learned. Had my iPad stolen from my house and the dumbasses didn't realize that iPads have a built-in tracking function. An hour later, I was at their house with the cops.
    I saw that an fb. That's hilarious. My buddy's Laptop was stolen last year, and the cops managed to get that too. It's awesome when the law works.
    Were the thieves kids? Just curious.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,526 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I saw that an fb. That's hilarious. My buddy's Laptop was stolen last year, and the cops managed to get that too. It's awesome when the law works.
    Were the thieves kids? Just curious.
    Not sure if they were technically minors. I would have put their ages between 16-22. All in all, I think they were probably over 18. If not, close to it.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
    If thieves were bright they would be in another line of work. Law, politics, business, and accounting come to mind

Senior Member Big-Leaguer biggentleben's Avatar
    Liked 66 Times in 47 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    If thieves were bright they would be in another line of work. Law, politics, business, and accounting come to mind
    Hmmmm...plenty of thieves in each of those industries, but I'm sure that's what you were going for
    Staff Writer for Tomahawktake.com, come check it out!