Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Article: Working Out In Minnesota: Why This Year Was Different

  1. #1

    Article: Working Out In Minnesota: Why This Year Was Different


  2. #2
    Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Posts
    437
    Like
    8
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Growing up in MN, did you ever play ball in the Town Team Leagues? I know the weather isn't the greatest here for playing ball year round, but the highly organized and competitive MBA (Minnesota Baseball Association) is by far the largest amateur baseball association in the U.S., with over 300 teams, and 3 classes, so baseball is definitely huge here!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lein View Post
    Growing up in MN, did you ever play ball in the Town Team Leagues? I know the weather isn't the greatest here for playing ball year round, but the highly organized and competitive MBA (Minnesota Baseball Association) is by far the largest amateur baseball association in the U.S., with over 300 teams, and 3 classes, so baseball is definitely huge here!
    I never played in the league myself, but have been to a number of Minnetonka Millers games before. It is a remarkable organization, I have friends who play for teams throughout the state. There are a number of ex college and pro players that are on teams as well.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Posts
    437
    Like
    8
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJPettersen View Post
    I never played in the league myself, but have been to a number of Minnetonka Millers games before. It is a remarkable organization, I have friends who play for teams throughout the state. There are a number of ex college and pro players that are on teams as well.
    That's awesome that you've watched the Millers play, I know they are always one of the top Class A teams. I still (*try to) play, but after tearing up my knee running down a fly ball in the outfield, it's much tougher q We've got several ex-college player's in our league, even have had a few former Minor Leaguer's come through and some guys that played before they were drafted. I absolutely love it, so I won't be stopping anytime soon!
    Follow me on Twitter: @HangingSL
    Spring Training Regular since 2010.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lein View Post
    That's awesome that you've watched the Millers play, I know they are always one of the top Class A teams. I still (*try to) play, but after tearing up my knee running down a fly ball in the outfield, it's much tougher q We've got several ex-college player's in our league, even have had a few former Minor Leaguer's come through and some guys that played before they were drafted. I absolutely love it, so I won't be stopping anytime soon!
    The Millers play about a mile from my house, Minnetonka has a very tight knit baseball community. That is what I love about the amateur baseball in Minnesota. It brings people together. If you took a drive through any part of the state, you would see a field in every city. I have seen cities with barely enough people to have a team, but they have a baseball field.

    Good for you that you are still playing, even with the injury. I'm glad baseball is alive and well in our state.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Posts
    437
    Like
    8
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    I love it for the same reasons as you. My team actually has our annual fundraising "Beer Bust" this weekend, where pretty much the whole town will show up. It's always a blast.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.