Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: 2013 MLB Schedule

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts

2013 MLB Schedule

Sean McAdam from Red Sox insider is already commenting on an early draft of the 2013 schedule. Here is is a link to the article.

http://www.csnne.com/baseball-boston...93&feedID=3352

Apparently teams have been forwarded an early draft. Anyone have access to the Twin's? Interested to see how the addition of the Astro's to the AL will affect the Twins. This should be a big change with season long interleague play and the potential road trips.

Very interesting. In recent years Sid Hartman has actually had the first few nuggets on the Twins' first drafts of the upcoming schedule, so I would keep an eye on his columns. It looks like the AL East is playing the NL West, so I'd imagine the AL Central would play mostly the NL East next year. The Twins still haven't visited Atlanta outside of exhibition play since 1991, so that's likely to come to an end. I'm mostly interested to see what interleague matchups take place to open and close the season.

2013 Schedule is out

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/sched...lendar=DEFAULT

Reunited with Ozzie in a home and home with the Marlins...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Thanks for posting the link Shaun

15 home games and only 11 road games in April with 4 open dates. I wonder if we will finally get hit with some real spring weather? So far we have really been blessed with 3 years of warm temps in the spring.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I like the Nationals series in early June! Good educational trip for the kiddos right after school lets out : )

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
    July is brutal! maybe 5 wins there.

Excellent. The Twins are finally coming to DC for a series.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
    I find it interesting that we will now play our division opponents 19 times instead of 18. Why didn't they take those extra 4 games and divy them up with the 2 East teams and 2 West teams that we only play 6 times (the other 8 teams we play 7 times)?

I don't like that we play the Yankees 7 times between July 1st and the ASG.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
    It's hard to see the Astros on the schedule and not think of them as interleague games. It is nice to see them on the schedule, though.

The second half looks pretty palatable, if the Twins can manage to stay in the race through the All Star break. I don't really expect that to happen, but you never know.