Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Kyle Gibson: Mission of Mercy

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Kyle Gibson: Mission of Mercy

Early this afternoon, Kyle Gibson tweeted the following:

My wife & I are blessed to go to the D.R. each year on a mission trip to visit kids in a city/school that my agent & Garrett Anderson helped start. It opened in 2009 & we go every year to re-paint facilities, clean up the ball field and add new things to the project. If you are able to give $, sponsor a child, or want to keep up with the progress of the project, please visit this site. I will be auctioning off game used items on Ebay to help raise funds for our project in the D.R. cause they need electricity ASAP! More information will be coming when I know when & what I will be auctioning off! Thanks for the support!
    https://www.missionofmercy.org/BaseballProject

Check out the website and what the mission is, but I wanted to include this because 1.) it's a great cause that Kyle and his wife are very active with, 2.) it's an opportunity for players and fans to give back, and 3.) collectors can contribute as well when Kyle throws some of his game-used items onto ebay.

Kyle and his wife are very strong in their beliefs and their mission work, always have been. I know this has nothing to do with on the field, but I do think that players need to get credit for what they give back, not just in money or in lending their names, but in time and travel and work, etc.

I will be getting more specifics from Kyle on this endeavor as more is known.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 193 Times in 119 Posts
    Well that seems like a nice thing he's doing. Thanks for posting, Seth.

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This is something worthwhile and it would be nice if you could update the thread once the game used items become available.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 22 Times in 11 Posts
    DR is a great place for missions, my church has gone down there for over a decade now.

Good for Gibson and his wife to donate time/money to such a worthy endeavor.
    Papers...business papers.