The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: SP Depth Chart - 8/22

Liked 697 Times in 366 Posts
    Blog Entries
    These rankings seem fair to me, but maybe you might consider BJ Hermsen as a possible #11.

After looking at this, I would expect the Twins to lose 90+ games next year unless they can get some better starters. The only player on the list who seems semi-solid is Diamond, and it seems to me that there is a high probability every other player listed could be a disaster in 2013.

The King In The North All-Star Nick Nelson's Avatar
    Twitter
    @nnelson9
    Liked 77 Times in 29 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hermsen is on the fringe, but I think the Twins are going to move fairly slow with him. Doubt we'll see him up before midway through 2013 at the earliest.

I think this list makes it clear that the Twins need a lot of help toward the top. At least 2-3 of the guys currently in the top five should be sitting on the outside as depth and insurance.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
    Would it be worth the Twins looking to the independent leagues for some starting pitting. Scott Kasmir hasn't quite found himself yet, but a Jason Lane might be a worthwile look in spring.

Reasonable list, but shouldn't the title be "SP Shallow Chart"? Sorry, couldn't help myself!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This list shows how bad the Twins starting pitching is. TR has a lot of work to do this offseason. Do not think any of the AAA or AA types will help at this time.

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 485 Times in 318 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Walters is almost done rehabbing, correct? He probably figures in the list as well.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by old nurse View Post
    Would it be worth the Twins looking to the independent leagues for some starting pitting. Scott Kasmir hasn't quite found himself yet, but a Jason Lane might be a worthwile look in spring.
    I hear there's some guy named Clemens who might be worth a look.

Looks like 100 losses to me. A monkey could draft and develop better than that.

What a pathetic group of pitchers to make a major league rotation. If I were the GM, I would want to punch a wall every time I saw Bill Smith walking around the office.

Liked 2,201 Times in 1,242 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twinswon1991 View Post
    A monkey???

I admit it's possible that a Monkey could draft better... But Develop better??? A Monkey??? Now you are being silly!!!

A monkey couldn't lead by example cuz of Monkey Physiology and you also have a vocal communication problem because of the high screeching sounds that most species make.

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,512 Times in 791 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Your schtick is tired. You repeat the same point over and over and over again. We get it. You don't like the front office.

Stop repeating the same "argument" (for lack of a better term) to the point of nausea. You're bringing absolutely nothing to the forum with these posts. We're instituting new rules on chronic negativity and you will put yourself at risk of a temporary ban if you keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post
    Your schtick is tired. You repeat the same point over and over and over again. We get it. You don't like the front office.

Stop repeating the same "argument" (for lack of a better term) to the point of nausea. You're bringing absolutely nothing to the forum with these posts. We're instituting new rules on chronic negativity and you will put yourself at risk of a temporary ban if you keep it up.

Go ahead and ban me tough guy. Are you that insecure that if someone disagrees with you on a subject your only reaction is to boot them?

It is hard to believe there would be any negativity after 2 straight 99+ loss seasons with no end in site.

Why dont you just admit that you are trying to kiss up to the Twins by trying to positively spin every disaster in hopes of getting a job with them or some insider info?

If you boot me I'll just go back to the only fair and balanced (non ass kissing) Twins site on the web: aarongleeman.com.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 535 Times in 354 Posts
    Let's hope they acquire two legit options in the off-season. I do think there are three MLB level starters on that list....

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Beauchamp View Post

Go ahead and ban me tough guy. Are you that insecure that if someone disagrees with you on a subject your only reaction is to boot them?

It is hard to believe there would be any negativity after 2 straight 99+ loss seasons with no end in site.

Why dont you just admit that you are trying to kiss up to the Twins by trying to positively spin every disaster in hopes of getting a job with them or some insider info?

If you boot me I'll just go back to the only fair and balanced (non ass kissing) Twins site on the web: aarongleeman.com.
    Brock,

I agree that twinswon1991 does absolutely nothing but stir the pot. His comments are almost always inflammatory and provide little insight other than he does not like the current management system and anybody who works for the Twins. I personally do not think he brings anything constructive to this website. hat being said, I don't think he deserves a ban at this time.

Posters like him always make me laugh. He rips and rips on the team, yet calls himself a fan. Nothing in the way of how to get better, other than to fire everybody. No comments on realistic ways to improve the team, no constructive comments on why the team is struggling, no constructive comments on some of the positive things (which there are some), just fire everybody. I'll bet he listens to the Common Man and Barrero every day, and devours everything Mackey and Reusse say. Everybody knows he brings nothing to the table, let him squeak his peace then move on to the next topic. Posters like him show that this is a public site. As long as he refrains from personally attacking anybody, he isnt worth the time to monitor.

Worry more about the personal attacks and the spam then about posters whose only intention is to anger you. BTW, I am huge fan of Gleeman. When he ultimately moves up in the world and gives up his site, it will be missed.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 358 Times in 180 Posts
    Gibson should be higher then 9.

Senior Member All-Star Winston Smith's Avatar
    Liked 311 Times in 151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weinshie View Post
    Reasonable list, but shouldn't the title be "SP Shallow Chart"? Sorry, couldn't help myself!

The only way "depth" should be used here is for how far under water this group is. This is a sad bunch for a supposed major league team.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Dice K 1-hit the Twins AAA affiliate over 8 innings. MN could make him their big off-season acquisition

Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Liked 1,512 Times in 791 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
    Dice K 1-hit the Twins AAA affiliate over 8 innings. MN could make him their big off-season acquisition
    Their track record on Asian players has been stellar to this point. I say they go for it.

Liked 1,189 Times in 694 Posts
    I appreciate the effort to lay out the list, Nick. It doesn't do anything for my lack of optimism about this team but it does provide a nice summary of information.

I want to add one response about Bill Smith, though. He was definitely not my favorite person -- and I made a number of posts on the Strib site last year calling for him to be fired -- but blaming all of this on Bill Smith (per one of the posts above) is ludicrous. Other than Smith, the SAME people are involved in the decision-making now. Same scouting director, same Assistant GM, same director of player personnel, same minor league coordinator -- and your current GM was a "Special Assistant" to Smith (primarily dealing with scouting matters as I understand it). The Twins front office has always worked cooperatively -- Smith may have been the final say but he relied on information from everyone else. I have no doubt that Terry Ryan excercises a greater degree of personal judgment and has significantly more "baseball savvy" to back up his decisions -- but the underpinnings of the Twins decision-making system all remain the same.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast