Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Twins vs A's, 08-21-2012, 9:10pm

  1. #1
    Owner MVP Brock Beauchamp's Avatar
    Posts
    8,033
    Twitter
    @rocketpig76
    Like
    47
    Liked 1,525 Times in 798 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Twins vs A's, 08-21-2012, 9:10pm

    Lineups TBA.

  2. #2
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Twins Lineup

    Revere CF
    Mastroianni RF
    Mauer DH
    Willingham LF
    Morneau 1B
    Doumit C
    Plouffe 3B
    Carroll 2B
    Florimon SS
    De Vries P

  3. #3
    Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Posts
    585
    Like
    11
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Promotion going on at the coliseum...every fan gets a game used ball from tonights game

  4. #4
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,587
    Like
    829
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    Promotion going on at the coliseum...every fan gets a game used ball from tonights game
    What will they do with the extra game balls?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Posts
    426
    Like
    219
    Liked 219 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    walks will haunt...

  6. #6
    Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Posts
    426
    Like
    219
    Liked 219 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Exorcists throw strikes.

  7. #7
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Leave it to Dick Bremer to give a convoluted explanation of the difference between optioning and outrighting. Correct in what he said, but in so jumbled a fashion it was basically useless.

  8. #8
    Senior Member All-Star JB_Iowa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,206
    Like
    1,248
    Liked 1,206 Times in 702 Posts
    Well, that triple play was fun to see ... if you are an Oakland fan.

  9. #9
    Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Posts
    3,530
    Like
    850
    Liked 1,193 Times in 636 Posts
    Did that really just happen?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Triple-A Don't Feed the Greed Guy's Avatar
    Posts
    426
    Like
    219
    Liked 219 Times in 94 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Trivia answer: Carew, Knoblauch, and Cesar Tovar (and Tovar barely made it, hitting an even .300 w/ exactly 30 steals in 1970).

  11. #11
    Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Posts
    2,421
    Like
    2
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by JB_Iowa View Post
    Well, that triple play was fun to see ... if you are an Oakland fan.
    Kind of like sweet & sour - fun to watch, but still leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

  12. #12
    Tonight is the first time I've been able to see Cole pitch...does his bender always look this good?

  13. #13
    Senior Member All-Star James's Avatar
    Posts
    1,248
    Like
    261
    Liked 131 Times in 84 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTwinsFan View Post
    Tonight is the first time I've been able to see Cole pitch...does his bender always look this good?
    I'm only watching on gameday right now, but I can say that it is usually pretty sharp. Judging by the score and Oakland only having 3 hits to this point, I'm assuming that Cole has it working pretty good. His curve is the best pitch that I've seen him throw.
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTwinsFan View Post
    Tonight is the first time I've been able to see Cole pitch...does his bender always look this good?
    I'm only watching on gameday right now, but I can say that it is usually pretty sharp. Judging by the score and Oakland only having 3 hits to this point, I'm assuming that Cole has it working pretty good. His curve is the best pitch that I've seen him throw.
    If he doesn't spot that fastball like he has been, I'd assume he'd get hit pretty hard. As long as he keeps mixing it up he'll be OK. High pitch count, probably out after 6 if he can get the outs...I'm not digging all these fly balls though! Is he typically a fly ball pitcher?

  15. #15
    I think I jinxed him...but he didn't locate his fastball...

  16. #16
    Senior Member All-Star
    Posts
    1,253
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    1
    Liriano wins again, tonite he beats the yankees, TR what you say about that giving him away for nottin.

  17. #17
    Twins Moderator MVP USAFChief's Avatar
    Posts
    6,515
    Like
    3,540
    Liked 3,026 Times in 1,290 Posts
    And it all started with a single by Smith on an 0-2 pitch.

    Fine his arse!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFChief View Post
    And it all started with a single by Smith on an 0-2 pitch.

    Fine his arse!
    I don't think the kid makes enough to pay the fine!

  19. #19
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,030
    Like
    4,366
    Liked 701 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Gun View Post
    Liriano wins again, tonite he beats the yankees, TR what you say about that giving him away for nottin.
    It's becoming harder and harder not to want TR gone.

  20. #20
    Head Moderator MVP glunn's Avatar
    Posts
    5,030
    Like
    4,366
    Liked 701 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Too bad the twins can't just forfeit the rest of this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.