Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pavano Done

Banned Big-Leaguer
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Pavano Done

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ew-diagnsosis/

Itís too bad it took three months diagnose that. I could have been resting. The good news is, it doesnít require surgery. Iíve had this in the past and gotten through it, and obviously Iíve pitched a lot since then. But as far as Iím concerned, this whole season has been a failure on many levels, for myself, for the team. Itís just kind of lousy that it took this long.
    And a nice shot at the Twins Medical Staff on the way out the door.

Can somebody please find a JPEG of the angry mob that went to kill frankestein's beast and post it on here for me? I am at work and can't get through our privacy blocks.......

Seriously though, this is so ridiculous it's not even funny. If TR wants to save himself a whole lot of headaches, and potentially keep his job. I'd like to think that he is having his HR department cut final paychecks right now for the entire medical staff.

Senior Member All-Star Willihammer's Avatar
    Liked 189 Times in 108 Posts
    Blog Entries
    How do you rehab a bruised bone, rest it? Has Zorro been throwing BP for the last three months?

Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    How do you rehab a bruised bone, rest it? Has Zorro been throwing BP for the last three months?
    I bruised a bone on the top of my right foot when I was young and it is incredibly painful. There is a lot of swelling, and really the only thing you can do is rest and ice it. Surgery won't help anything... The Twins medical staff may have reinstated the nickname "American Idle" for Pavano...

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Pavano went on to say he'd take the blame. As he should. After all, ANY Twins player who has so much as a hangnail and doesn't get several opinions outside of the Twins so-called medical staff should accept the blame for just being stupid.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Quote Originally Posted by Mauerzy4Prez View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Willihammer View Post
    I bruised a bone on the top of my right foot when I was young and it is incredibly painful. There is a lot of swelling, and really the only thing you can do is rest and ice it. Surgery won't help anything... The Twins medical staff may have reinstated the nickname "American Idle" for Pavano...
    ..... P.s. my bruised bone was diagnosed by a simple x-ray at an urgent care in Ft. Myers Beach FL while I was on spring break vacation. It took our staff over 3 months to diagnose Pavano. DOH!!!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Twins Twerp's Avatar
    Liked 31 Times in 20 Posts

Twins training staff does it again. When I think of twins training staff I think of those doctors you hear about sometimes in the news that weren't actually doctors. The ones who somehow got into the hospital and started prescribing meds and before they knew it they were full fledged doctors, without the training. Thats what I think of.

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 181 Times in 102 Posts
    So the solution this time was actually rest and rehab...interesting.

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My question is, if he's had this before (and I take him at his word for that) why didn't he recognize the symptoms himself? If he suspected it, did he never raise that possibility himself? And how many other doctors has he been to besides those on the Twins staff?

I have the same concerns about the Twins medical staff as everyone else, but I have to think there's more to the story than a couple of soundbites from Pavano himself, given in a moment of (understandable) frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Twins Twerp View Post

Twins training staff does it again. When I think of twins training staff I think of those doctors you hear about sometimes in the news that weren't actually doctors. The ones who somehow got into the hospital and started prescribing meds and before they knew it they were full fledged doctors, without the training. Thats what I think of.
    LOL Nice... is this after they toppled the statue of Sadaam in Iraq or after the Medical staffs office was set on fire?

Quote Originally Posted by sbknudson View Post
    My question is, if he's had this before (and I take him at his word for that) why didn't he recognize the symptoms himself? If he suspected it, did he never raise that possibility himself? And how many other doctors has he been to besides those on the Twins staff?

I have the same concerns about the Twins medical staff as everyone else, but I have to think there's more to the story than a couple of soundbites from Pavano himself, given in a moment of (understandable) frustration.
    Any other person than Pavano and I'd agree with your last point... Every time I hear him speak he holds himself accountable for his mistakes and sometimes others. He is a team guy, and if he is expressing frustration in the staff, it tells me that this was mostly on them.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Just to play devil's advocate, why would/should the medical staff examine the elbow when the player is complaining about a shoulder issue?

There is a major difference in location between rotator cuff weakness and a bruised humorous. Also if Pavano has had it before, couldn't have brought up his opinions with the doctors?

Liked 315 Times in 187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That was so easy to see coming from miles away.

Capps is done too btw...
    -----
    Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
    http://tenthinningstretch.blogspot.com/
    twitter: @thrylos98

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather hire some witch doctors or go with TCM before the Twins current staff.

http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_2...n-season-after

Shipley's story has a bit more detail. From one of Pavano's quotes it sounds like there was more than one injury and he and the trainer did get the shoulder rehabbed, but still had pain. Does anybody remember when Pavano might have been hit on the arm by a come-backer causing the bruise? In spring training?

Hard to see how the Twins will be interested in bringing him back unless he is willing to take substantially less in guaranteed salary.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer crarko's Avatar
    Liked 283 Times in 153 Posts
    If this was private practice there would likely be a malpractice suit brewing. I suppose the teams are indemnified in the CBA, though.

You wonder when Nishioka began moonlighting as a doctor...

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 328 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetOne69 View Post
    Just to play devil's advocate, why would/should the medical staff examine the elbow when the player is complaining about a shoulder issue?

There is a major difference in location between rotator cuff weakness and a bruised humorous. Also if Pavano has had it before, couldn't have brought up his opinions with the doctors?
    If you can't laugh at the ridiculous state of the Twins medical staff, the diagnosis must be a bruised humorous.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 54 Times in 38 Posts
    Too bad. I liked Pavano. And this certainly doesn't look good for the medical staff. We'll see what Ryan says about it.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 328 Times in 218 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Too bad. I liked Pavano. And this certainly doesn't look good for the medical staff. We'll see what Ryan says about it.
    Where are all those folks who kept insisting all year that Ryan needs to be given more time to fully assess the situation?

Answer: Running for the tall grass...

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Mr. Ed's Avatar
    Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thrylos98 View Post
    That was so easy to see coming from miles away.

Capps is done too btw...
    yes

and yes

Go into next year with co-closers. AND

get another set up guy ready, so Gardy can figure out how to use Perkins/Burton besides the 9th inning after some slug has blown the close game open.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast