Thread: Prospect Parmelee?

Prospect Parmelee?

I know he's exceeded the 130 AB limit to qualify as a prospect or a rookie for 2013, but what if the Twins hadn't rushed Parmelee straight from AA at the beginning of 2012 and he had spent the entire year mashing in AAA? Where would he rank in terms of Twins/MLB top prospects?

Parmelee's recent 1.136 OPS is very pretty, but how good is it for a 24-year-old first baseman?

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 184 Times in 104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post
    I know he's exceeded the 130 AB limit to qualify as a prospect or a rookie for 2013, but what if the Twins hadn't rushed Parmelee straight from AA at the beginning of 2012 and he had spent the entire year mashing in AAA? Where would he rank in terms of Twins/MLB top prospects?

Parmelee's recent 1.136 OPS is very pretty, but how good is it for a 24-year-old first baseman?
    My guess is somewhere in the 7-10 range right by Hendriks (if he was still a prospect

Liked 709 Times in 456 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think Parmelee is a real decent prospect. Those are real nice numbers in AAA. The Game is played the same in AAA. You have to get good wood on the ball and he's doing it.

No Idea how I'd rank him in comparison to Hicks, Arcia, Sano, Rosario since projection is such a tricky thing and I simply haven't seen the others play but I will say that Parmelee seems to be ready to go MLB wise while the others may need some more seasoning.

The Twins need more depth. I'd like to see him in a Twins uniform ASAP and when he puts the uniform on... Let him run around on the bases in it instead of just sitting in the dugout with the Twins logo across the jersey.

Super Moderator All-Star
    Liked 316 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If he was still a prospect, I think you could make a top 5 (in MN) case for him right now. 24 year olds that OPS 1.1 in AAA don't exactly grow on trees and are typically considered very nice prospects. He's been doing this for a year and a half now too, so I'm not sure you can just SSS this anymore. While I don't expect him to do that in MLB, a floor of an average MLB first baseman seems pretty reasonable, with a ceiling that would make most of us downright giddy.