Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Nate Hanson

  1. #1

    Nate Hanson

    Havent been a huge fan of the 25yr old Minneapolis/U of M player, for his first 4 yrs, due to his lackluster hitting numbers for a 1B/3B propect that kept getting promoted.

    Beloit 107gms .253/.322/.353 in 360ABs 47runs 21doubles 3triples 3HR 30rbi 65k 31bb 6/9sb
    High A 162gms .259/.325/.385 in 611ABs 71runs 30doubles triple 15HR 78rbi 101K 53bb 3/4sb
    New Brit 146gms .263/.305/.364 495ABs 54runs 25doubles 2triples 7HR 66rbi 59k 31bb 3/5sb
    improved in 2nd yr with .280/.316/.379 in 86gms this yr

    However, this year the team has moved him to 2B & he has 1 error in 31 starts @ the position.
    His numbers play WAY more in the middle than on the corner, esp with the lack of middle INF depth the Twins have at the higher levels.
    Anyone hear anything else about how he's played defensively and whether MN plans on putting him in AFL to get more work in the infield before possibly moving up to ROC?

  2. #2
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,587
    Like
    829
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Havent been a huge fan of the 25yr old Minneapolis/U of M player, for his first 4 yrs, due to his lackluster hitting numbers for a 1B/3B propect that kept getting promoted.

    Beloit 107gms .253/.322/.353 in 360ABs 47runs 21doubles 3triples 3HR 30rbi 65k 31bb 6/9sb
    High A 162gms .259/.325/.385 in 611ABs 71runs 30doubles triple 15HR 78rbi 101K 53bb 3/4sb
    New Brit 146gms .263/.305/.364 495ABs 54runs 25doubles 2triples 7HR 66rbi 59k 31bb 3/5sb
    improved in 2nd yr with .280/.316/.379 in 86gms this yr

    However, this year the team has moved him to 2B & he has 1 error in 31 starts @ the position.
    His numbers play WAY more in the middle than on the corner, esp with the lack of middle INF depth the Twins have at the higher levels.
    Anyone hear anything else about how he's played defensively and whether MN plans on putting him in AFL to get more work in the infield before possibly moving up to ROC?
    I was looking at his numbers the other day after noticing that he is virtually on no one's prospect lists. It's interesting that his hitting has really come around big since June 1. I didn't write them down, but I recall a .313BA with around an .800 OPS, with the most recent numbers even higher (.330BA/.820OPS) since the All-Star break. He wasn't mentioned by Rantz today, but you have to think if they can rid themselves of Nishi this offseason that he has earned a shot at at least some consideration for the AAA 2B spot if he can field the spot anywhere close to that level. I guess the question remains, how often do guys successfully transition defensively in this direction? Probably not very many.

  3. #3
    Owner MVP Seth Stohs's Avatar
    Posts
    6,438
    Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Like
    64
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    515
    Hanson's value is in his flexibility. He's played 3B and 1B in recent years, but he's even had time in the OF. I'd say it is no coincidence that his hitting #s have improved since he's been playing every day at 2B. Beresford is at SS, and now Estarlin de Los Santos is in a utility role. Hanson's playing every day and he's contributing!

  4. #4
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,587
    Like
    829
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Hanson's value is in his flexibility. He's played 3B and 1B in recent years, but he's even had time in the OF. I'd say it is no coincidence that his hitting #s have improved since he's been playing every day at 2B. Beresford is at SS, and now Estarlin de Los Santos is in a utility role. Hanson's playing every day and he's contributing!
    Seth, have you had a chance to see him field his position? Am I safe in assuming he projects higher than Luke Hughes in the field, but perhaps not as high at the plate? It's always great when a local prospect has a chance to contribute somewhere down the road.

    If he hasn't already, is there any chance he could crack your prospect rankings?
    Last edited by jokin; 08-19-2012 at 11:17 PM.

  5. #5
    53gms since June 1st
    58/188 .309/.340/.436 23runs 7doubles triple 5HR 28rbi 19k 7bb 2hbp
    at very least, he could be ROC's utility guy & earn the starting spot

  6. #6
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,587
    Like
    829
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    53gms since June 1st
    58/188 .309/.340/.436 23runs 7doubles triple 5HR 28rbi 19k 7bb 2hbp
    at very least, he could be ROC's utility guy & earn the starting spot
    Luke Hughes without the accent?

  7. #7
    Twins News Team MVP
    Posts
    6,587
    Like
    829
    Liked 815 Times in 518 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    53gms since June 1st
    58/188 .309/.340/.436 23runs 7doubles triple 5HR 28rbi 19k 7bb 2hbp
    at very least, he could be ROC's utility guy & earn the starting spot
    Does that include today's nice 2-4 showing?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    53gms since June 1st
    58/188 .309/.340/.436 23runs 7doubles triple 5HR 28rbi 19k 7bb 2hbp
    at very least, he could be ROC's utility guy & earn the starting spot
    Does that include today's nice 2-4 showing?
    believe so

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
©2014 TwinsCentric, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Interested in advertising with Twins Daily? Click here.