Thread: Article: Minor League - Introduction to Dakota Watts

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries

Article: Minor League - Introduction to Dakota Watts

This should be a cool feature - looking forward to reading more.

Liked 365 Times in 206 Posts
    Thanks for the post .... looking forward to reading more about your experiences.

Awesome--very interested to hear about minor league life.

Thanks Dakota great post look forward to hearing more stay away from the "Yipps"

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to TwinsDaily! I look forward to reading your stories!

Quote Originally Posted by WYTwinsFan View Post
    Awesome--very interested to hear about minor league life.
    Even more interested to hear about your MAJOR LEAGUE life.

how did you get over the yipps? Would you attribute the condition to muscle fatigue followed by anxiety or something else?

My buddy got a bad case of the yipps in high school. Our coach, probably not knowing enough to recognize this as a baseball "condition" did, in my opinion, the worst thing he could have done. He shut down practice and made him throw over and over in front of everyone. We couldn't help ourselves from being amused. Poor guy never really got over it, fortunately he was a better hockey player.

I'm just curious. The yipps can get to some of the best players, see Chuck Knobloch, Alex Wimmers etc.

oh yeah, a side note. after playing horse shoes for about 4 hours at a family reunion, I got a serious case of the Yipps. I couldn't get anywhere near the pin. I was holding on too long and throwing it straight up or I was letting go too early and throwing worm burners. I never throw horse shoes so I figured it was muscle fatigue after 4 hours. That being said, it got in my head in hurry.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer jimbo92107's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if getting over the yipps involves doing something that gives you perspective, like skydiving or bungee jumping. Or snorkeling around great white sharks. Or being chased through the jungle by cannibals. Or riding a bicycle down the Eiger. Something like that, for perspective.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    @ spoofbonser - The "Yipps" for me was doubt inside of myself coming out and showing it self in a physical form. thats about the only way i can describe it and the worse you do the worse it gets its all mental, sometime you just have to take the bull by the horns!!