Thread: 9 More

Senior Member All-Star Bark's Lounge's Avatar
    Liked 112 Times in 43 Posts
    Blog Entries

9 More

I hate the concept of a jinx and I am not a superstitious fellow. I apologize if I am damning anyone and their hopes.

Willingham has a legit shot at 40 HR's. 9 more buddy! Let's get on that horse and ride!

There is only one 40 HR member in the history of the Twins. Killebrew awaits....

Batting Average/slgg by month
    April .347/.681
    May .220/.473
    June .255/.480
    July .283/.663
    August .184/.388
    ISO has been over 200 every month, whether he's hitting for average (overrated for a run producer) or not...fantastic power hitter. Absolutely the oposite of a 'Twins hitter'.
    Hitting for power/driving in runs has made his decreasing BAve invisible.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 342 Times in 227 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark's Lounge View Post
    I hate the concept of a jinx and I am not a superstitious fellow. I apologize if I am damning anyone and their hopes.

Willingham has a legit shot at 40 HR's. 9 more buddy! Let's get on that horse and ride!

There is only one 40 HR member in the history of the Twins. Killebrew awaits....
    9 more (40) vs. 4 more (20) vs. 2 more (10). Who has the better shot at his own personal 2012 "milestone"?

Willingham/Morneau/Mauer. The way Morny is swinging the bat since July 1, I vote Justin most likely, the Hammer 2nd most, Mauer least likely.

Liked 365 Times in 206 Posts
    I hope Willingham gets a bunch of that 9 in the next 2 games because he's my "pick to click" for this series. I could use the points.

Willing you on to more HR, Mr. Willingham.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jokin View Post

9 more (40) vs. 4 more (20) vs. 2 more (10). Who has the better shot at his own personal 2012 "milestone"?

Willingham/Morneau/Mauer. The way Morny is swinging the bat since July 1, I vote Justin most likely, the Hammer 2nd most, Mauer least likely.
    Agreed. I do think all 3 will accomplish those milestones.

Senior Member MVP
    Liked 342 Times in 227 Posts
    Blog Entries

Those 3 deeds done, and a batting title (either Mauer or Revere, take your pick) would be some solace, merciful diversion and reasons for continuing interest through to October 3. Those, and about a half dozen of the prospects making a major-league level showing in the September call-up could offer some glimmers of hope and positivity heading into 2013.

Blog Entries

Those 3 deeds done, and a batting title (either Mauer or Revere, take your pick) would be some solace, merciful diversion and reasons for continuing interest through to October 3. Those, and about a half dozen of the prospects making a major-league level showing in the September call-up could offer some glimmers of hope and positivity heading into 2013.
    If Mauer or Revere can pull off a batting title, that would be beyond cool. I have been waiting for Trout to hit a rookie rut. Although he has struggled somewhat in the last few weeks, he is hanging on... wish we had him. I am not holding breath for a Arcia and Hicks call-up in September, but who knows? I guess we will find out.