Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LEAST Favorite Baseball Movie

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 122 Posts
    The Scout and Ed were pretty bad but everyone knew it going in. Angels in the Outfield and Rookie of the Year were kid movies about baseball. But "For the love of the Game" was supposed to be a good film, with good actors and directors. And it really sucked.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 197 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by woolhouse View Post
    Probably doesn't count, but does anyone remember the Fox sitcom about baseball starring Joe Rogan, Mike Starr, and the police chief from "Law and Order: SVU?" It wasn't a movie, but the fact that 6 episodes of it aired should count towards something. It was basically a sitcom version of "Major League" that wasn't funny and rarely showed any actual baseball being played.

And I'm trying to remember the name without Googling it.
    Wasn't it "Hardball?"

Angels in the Outfield.

I know is a blog about the worst movies, but a very underrated movie that some people might not have seen is Long Gone. I think it was a HBO movie. It stared William Petersen (Stud Cantrell), Virginia Madsen (Dixie Lee Boxx) and Durmot Mulroney (Jamie Donn Weeks). It followed the Tampico Stogies, a St. Louis Cardinals minor league team in the 1950s. Check it out if you can find it. I think it is only available on VHS though.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Wasn't it "Hardball?"
    Probably. That sounds right. I didn't think it was, what with the Chris Matthews' show of the same name.

Twitter
    @ParkerHageman
    Liked 63 Times in 33 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Yup, Hardball. You can watch the series here: http://www.tv.com/shows/hardball-1994/

Let me throw this one into the mix....I've heard good and bad things about "The Fan"

Quote Originally Posted by clem18532 View Post
    Has anyone seen the Scout? haha wow, talk about outlandish story lines.

Then, Fever Pitch over Summer Catch over Ed
    I've only seen bits and pieces of Summer Catch, but I had to share that I listened to a podcast with the director of that movie, and he said that Freddie Prinze Jr. was the worst athlete he's ever had to work with in a sports movie. He said they had to do tons of work to make it look like it was actually him throwing the ball, and that it would have been easier if they case Jessica Biel as the pitcher.

Senior Member Double-A Neinstein's Avatar
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ed, Summer Catch, Rookie of the Year...

If you haven't heard of it, I really liked The Bingo Long Traveling All-Stars and Motor Kings.
    "You teach me baseball and I'll teach you relativity. No, we must not. You will learn about relativity faster than I learn baseball." ​Albert Einstein

Cobb and The Babe were absolutely horrendous. As was the Billy Bob Thornton remake of The Bad News Bears.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StormJH1 View Post
    ... it would have been easier if they case Jessica Biel as the pitcher.
    OK now THAT I would have watched... probably more than once.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would be one I never watched. After seeing commercials for it, I was too appalled to see The Babe with John Goodman as a buffoonish version of The Bambino. I would love to see a real movie about the real Babe.

Junior Member Rookie
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sandlot 3 is perty bad

Was it "the Rookie"? The one with the Twins farm team and he made it to the Majors. I think Tom Selleck, no it was "MR. Baseball"!

Whatever the heck 'maudlin sentimentality' and 'mawkishness' is, I must crave it.

Mr. 3000. ugg.

Quote Originally Posted by krada1212 View Post
    Mr. 3000. ugg.
    Mr 3000 was baaaad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123