Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LEAST Favorite Baseball Movie

While Major League 3 is bad simply for the reason they should have never made it (along with Major League 2), I can't stand Little Big League. That movie alone put the Twins franchise back 5 years.

Senior Member Double-A
    Liked 38 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Major League 3 was pretty terrible, but I have to go with Ed (If you don't remember Matt LeBlanc and a monkey [not worth looking up whether it was a chimp, or otherwise] I don't blame your mental dump).

Now for some housekeeping. Thrylos, League of Thier Own is hilarous (just don't watch the baseball playing, it helps). If you missed Powrwrap's member picture, go look now. Priceless.

there are more bad than good in the genre

but rookie of the year is perhaps the worst of them all. I dont like Field of Dreams or the Natural either.

I never saw Rookie of the Year, but the line "Funky Butt Lovin'" on the previews made me laugh for a whole summer. I don't know why.

Just finished watching For the Love of the Game and couldn't have hated it more. During the movie, I couldn't think of a reason why anyone would fall in love with Kelly Preston's character. At least the masseuse from early in the movie was hotter and less of a grab bag of 90s/00s female character cliches. Might as well have just had the role played by Lisa Loeb.

Liked 202 Times in 106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm a fan of For the Love of the Game... and, "Funky Butt Lovin'" has kept me laughing ever since... I still throw it out from time to time!

Hated The Natural as well.

Liked 109 Times in 59 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten Brown View Post
    Do we really need to see Glenn Close in a white dress, with a white hat that looks like a halo, completely backlit, with romantic blurriness...
    Yes. Yes we do.

Liked 53 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody Christie View Post
    Sandlot 2 or Sandlot 3. Not sure why they wanted to re-make a good movie. Plus one of the re-makes follows the basic plot line from the original movie.
    I didn't even know they had a 2 and 3, and I never could even make it through the original.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    When I noticed the topic, I thought this was going to be easy. "Bang the Drum Slowly" stands out in my mind as one of the few movies I've ever paid to see in a theatre that I absolutely hated (usually, there's something about the movie that I expect to like if I'm going to pay to see it). The baseball scenes were flat awful, even by that era's low standards.

But after reading all of the prior comments, I find myself saying, "Oh yeah, that one was bad," an awful lot. I'm not as big a fan of The Natural as a lot of people, but I don't hate it. I excused the baseball in "League of Their Own" because, well, it was girls playing baseball, after all (excuse me while I duck).

Most of the sequels were just bad, but that's expected of sequels, so when I have low expectations, I don't deduct points for those expectations being met. Low budget comedies with a baseball theme or backdrop are in the same vein. It's like a baseball episode of a TV sitcom, you know they aren't going to worry about realism or "getting the baseball right," so when they don't, I don't really care.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    The Scout was bad. I'm weird, but The Natural is way too boring for me to ever watch again.
    In response to Seth's request to throw Parker out of TwinsCentric for this, I vote aye. Aaand the "ayes" have it. Is there a TwinsDaily Kangaroo Court we can bring this up in?

Mr. 3000, because it has Bernie Mac in it.

Angels in the Outfield

Quote Originally Posted by TwinsArmChairGM_Jon View Post
    In response to Seth's request to throw Parker out of TwinsCentric for this, I vote aye. Aaand the "ayes" have it. Is there a TwinsDaily Kangaroo Court we can bring this up in?
    Seth is normally pretty reasonable (plus he's one of the site owners), so I'll forgive the transgression and vote No. If it was anyone else... (looking at you, FishingMN)
    Last edited by gil4; 03-01-2012 at 09:19 PM.

For the Love of the Game in a landslide. The lack of chemistry between Costner and Kelly Preston was awful. The back and forth between the game and his personal life was annoying. Anyone who says The Natural or Field of Dreams are not good baseball movies are just taunting those of us who are true baseball fans.

Second Bad News Bears movie was worse than bad news. Never cared much for For the Love of the Game (or something like that) either.

Worst movie is The Natural because it destroyed the ending of the book. Bad movie, bad bad movie.

cheap nfl jerseys

I am novel,predisposition you a happy age!

Liked 4 Times in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    AMEN to "For the Love of the Game." I felt bad saying I hated that movie since I'm a baseball fan but Kevin Costner really was awful and it just seemed really contrived. Dragged on and on!!

Any Bad News Bears sequel

Probably doesn't count, but does anyone remember the Fox sitcom about baseball starring Joe Rogan, Mike Starr, and the police chief from "Law and Order: SVU?" It wasn't a movie, but the fact that 6 episodes of it aired should count towards something. It was basically a sitcom version of "Major League" that wasn't funny and rarely showed any actual baseball being played.

And I'm trying to remember the name without Googling it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast