Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which pitcher gets sent down to Rochester today?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Which pitcher gets sent down to Rochester today?

Anthony Swarzak is expected to be activated from the Disabled List in time for Friday's game. Since the Twins play this afternoon and don't play tomorrow, the "other" half of that move could happen as soon as the end of today's game. So, who do you think that the Twins will send down to Rochester?

Luis Perdomo?
    Jeff Manship?
    One of the starters?
    Maybe whichever one gets into today's game?
    Maybe someone else will get hurt today?

What are your thoughts?

Senior Member All-Star SpiritofVodkaDave's Avatar
    Liked 361 Times in 183 Posts
    Forget Rochester, Jeff Gray should just be cut.

Twins Moderator All-Star twinsnorth49's Avatar
    Liked 1,196 Times in 638 Posts
    Perdomo, Manship probably saved his spot by doing a respectable job cleaning up the Devries mess. I also wish Gray would just get booted too however.

Senior Member All-Star Ultima Ratio's Avatar
    Liked 105 Times in 51 Posts
    Maybe this is Devries' final audition. If his ERA balloons over 5, send him down and put Swarzak in his spot.
    Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains.

On Vacation All-Star
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 433 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Let's look at the numbers of Gray and the 4 most recent bullpen call-ups from Rochester:

Manship : 9.16 ERA, 1.875 WHIP, 4.8 K/9, 1.43 K/BB
    Perdomo : 1.50 ERA, 2.000 WHIP, 4.5 K/9, 0.43 K/BB

Gray: 5.05 ERA, 1.489 WHIP, 4.5 K/9, 1.1 K/BB

Fien: 1.59 ERA, 1.118 WHIP, 7.4 K/9, 2.8 K/BB
    Robertson: 6.59 ERA, 1.390 WHIP, 11.9 K/9, 3.6 K/BB

I hope the last 2 stay. Fien pitched very well (pleasant surprise) and Robertson leads the team in K/9. As far as who goes from the other 3, I suspect that this decision is more about 2013. In other words, if the Twins are not sure that someone could be on the 2013 team he will go. Perdomo like Gray are out of options and need to be DFA'd. Manship will be out of options in 2013 so he will need to be added to the roster. The one of the 3 who the Twins feel fits their plans less in 2013 will be the one that should go. At this point, because Manship, Like Swarzak, is the long man and he has options, unlike the other 2 is more likely to go (and start for the AAA Twins' team)

Edit: Looks like Perdomo has 2 option years left, so if that is true he is game as well...
    Last edited by Thrylos; 08-15-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Liked 3,028 Times in 1,291 Posts
    All of them?

Are we going to miss any of them ?

Please ban me! All-Star stringer bell's Avatar
    Liked 511 Times in 333 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Probably Perdomo, second guess would be Manship. If Swarzak is fully healthy, he is the long man instead of Manship, so perhaps Jeff is sent down.

Manship looked very good today. 3 innings pitched, 2 strike outs, 1 hit, no walks, no runs. Hope he stays up. I really think the Twins should give him a chance to start.

Liked 1,622 Times in 807 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Jeff Gray making his case by allowing a leadoff double followed by RBI single.

More proof that nobody in this organization has the slightest idea what they're doing...

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well... I guess both Manship and Perdomo are heading to Rochester with swarzak being activated.The position player has to be Parmelee... right?

Liked 1,622 Times in 807 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    Well... I guess both Manship and Perdomo are heading to Rochester with swarzak being activated.The position player has to be Parmelee... right?
    More deck chair movement. Too bad for Mansihp (sic). "Nice job out there today, kid. The traveling secretary has your ticket to Rochester".

I wanna see Cole sent down and Liam brought up to man a spot in the rotation for the rest of the year.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I agree Chavez. Let's see if we can maybe count on Hendricks for next year. Devries has exceeded expectations, but I just can't see him as a starter for any other team in MLB.

Why not Arcia called up

On Vacation All-Star
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Why not Arcia called up
    The problem with that is that it will start his clock plus the Rock Cats are in a playoff chase. Parmelee's clock has stated and logically, he will be it. I can also see them DFA someone like Tosoni or Perdomo or Nishioka and giving their spot to someone like Matt Carson (who deserves the call up) but not sure they will do that.

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Maybe this is Devries' final audition. If his ERA balloons over 5, send him down and put Swarzak in his spot.
    Yeah after today, Devries should be on the hot seat too.

On Vacation All-Star
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Ratio View Post
    Yeah after today, Devries should be on the hot seat too.

Even after today, De Vries has been the second best starting pitcher for the Twins this season (and still leads the starters in K/9.) He earned a spot in the rotation. So did Deduno. You got to see whether these guys are part of the equation (as number 4 and 5 after Diamond) for 2013. So they got to pitch. Blackburn should be in the hot seat and I don't know how many more times Duensing needs to prove that he is great in the pen but iffy as a starter. Very much Perkins like. I am all for giving Swarzak another chance to start (he did have sporadic success there previously), but Duensing (or Blackburn) should move to the pen instead of demoting the Twins' second best starter.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Manship, hope we do not need 2 long relievers, thought DeVires would also be OK with me. It should be Blackburn, but that might wait until next spring to DFA him, or possibily until Gibson is ready next year.
    At end of year remove Grey, Robertson, Manship, DeVeries(though he makes a good triple A starter),
    Need to do major work for 2 starters. Hendricks looks like Triple A starter to me (no out pitch)

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 758 Times in 472 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd keep Robertson, if for no other reason than that his peripherals indicate he might be getting unlucky... the rest have no buesiness being in a major league pen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast