Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: Michael Quesada Suspended 50 Games by MLB

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 347 Times in 183 Posts
    Blog Entries

Michael Quesada Suspended 50 Games by MLB

From Baseball America:

Twins minor league catcher Michael Quesada batted .234/.329/.313 in 64 at-bats for Rookie-level Elizabethton this season prior to testing positive for Methylhexaneamine. Minnesota selected him from Sierra (Calif.) JC in the 24th round of the 2010 draft.
    I hope to have more on this soon.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    He hasn't produced at all really since he was drafted 2 years ago in the 24th round. You think the Twins will just release him Seth?

On Vacation All-Star
    Twitter
    @thrylos98
    Liked 433 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I guess this might count as one "interesting transaction" this week

Methylhexaneamine is a banned substance found in some diet pills and some body building supplements. Not a steroid or a growth hormone thing, but what they classify as a "stimulant"; similar to ephedra which is similarly banned and similarly dangerous. (And this is the reason that it is banned - by the FDA as well. People died who took it.) Hard to tell if he knew what he was doing or if he took something unknowingly with those things. But one's got to be responsible in what they take these days. Glad that the kid is ok first of all...

Senior Member All-Star IdahoPilgrim's Avatar
    Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I saw him play in Elizabethton, and he did not look good defensively. Poor throw to second, a passed ball.

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by righty8383 View Post
    He hasn't produced at all really since he was drafted 2 years ago in the 24th round. You think the Twins will just release him Seth?
    I don't. The kid has some talent, for sure... But this will certainly hurt his development since he has to serve it only during the E-Town season (like Vargas this year).

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Blog Entries
    Listen the Twins trainers tell the players throughout the system to always check with them for anything they take.

And, I can almost guarantee that this was one of those cases where he took something for some other reason and forgot to have someone look into what was in it.