Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: More Trout

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

More Trout

Since 1939, only once has a player had more runs scored that games played. In 1985, Rickey Henderson scored 146 runs in 143 games played for the Yankees. This year, Mike Trout has scored 88 runs in 90 games played. He got off to a slow start, scoring only one in his first six games. He has 87 runs scored in last 84 games.

Just think how impressive Trout would be right now in Ft Myers or New Britian if MN had drafted him instead of Kyle Gibson.
    While Trout started in Midwest Lg at age 19 (2010) & LAA promoted him to High A halfway during yr (Sano/Rosario cannot get this)....MN has shown with higher OF high school picks, they wouldnt have started him till May/June...nullifying his July promotion to High A
    This would have meant at age 20 he would have spent the whole year in Ft Myers (Trout skipped High A that yr after a good but NOT great 50gms yr before) & this year would be in New Brit. He would obviously be dominating but MN wouldnt promote him as A: they have Clete Thomas/Wilkin Ramirez/Matt Carson in AAA---B: New Brit is challenging for a playoff spot & need him & C: wouldnt have to be 40 manned for another season, so why rush him.

Senior Member All-Star
    Liked 220 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    Just think how impressive Trout would be right now in Ft Myers or New Britian if MN had drafted him instead of Kyle Gibson.
    While Trout started in Midwest Lg at age 19 (2010) & LAA promoted him to High A halfway during yr (Sano/Rosario cannot get this)....MN has shown with higher OF high school picks, they wouldnt have started him till May/June...nullifying his July promotion to High A
    This would have meant at age 20 he would have spent the whole year in Ft Myers (Trout skipped High A that yr after a good but NOT great 50gms yr before) & this year would be in New Brit. He would obviously be dominating but MN wouldnt promote him as A: they have Clete Thomas/Wilkin Ramirez/Matt Carson in AAA---B: New Brit is challenging for a playoff spot & need him & C: wouldnt have to be 40 manned for another season, so why rush him.
    -sigh- Trout dominated A ball a lot more than either Sano or Rosario did, and didn't get his face broken during batting practice. Heck his "not great" 50 game run at A+ is better than what Sano is doing now. Trout's hit tools were obvious in the minor leagues which is why he was rushed, he was also the rare 17 yr old senior who immediately signed with the Angels. Sano is striking out at a scary pace. He's a great prospect but he's not a sure thing. He's striking out over 27% of his at-bats in low A ball. The Twins have only had one prospect on Trout's level - Mauer, and they did rush him. He spent the same number of seasons in the minors as Trout (actually had slightly fewer PA).

Quote Originally Posted by gunnarthor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by greengoblinrulz View Post
    -sigh- Trout dominated A ball a lot more than either Sano or Rosario did, and didn't get his face broken during batting practice. Heck his "not great" 50 game run at A+ is better than what Sano is doing now. Trout's hit tools were obvious in the minor leagues which is why he was rushed, he was also the rare 17 yr old senior who immediately signed with the Angels. Sano is striking out at a scary pace. He's a great prospect but he's not a sure thing. He's striking out over 27% of his at-bats in low A ball. The Twins have only had one prospect on Trout's level - Mauer, and they did rush him. He spent the same number of seasons in the minors as Trout (actually had slightly fewer PA).
    Was bein a 'lil' tongue in cheek with this
    Dont think Trout bein a 17 yr old senior is all that rare (aug 7 bday....just late summer)
    I 100% believe there is no way MN woulda promoted a 19 yr old last summer....this yr I would buy it. People were even surprised by LAA promoting Trout in 2011.
    Rosario wouldnt have broken his jaw if he HAD been promoted as was bein rumoured......butterfly effect.
    I am fine with Sano staying in Beloit all yr OR bein promoted. Can easily argue it either way....but Trouts numbers in High A have no comparison to Sano's in Low A.....apples to apples.
    Last edited by greengoblinrulz; 08-11-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Senior Member All-Star Jim Crikket's Avatar
    Liked 122 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Actually, Trout was 18 when he played in Cedar Rapids. That said, having had the pleasure of watching Trout quite a bit when he played here in CR, there is absolutely no comparison between Trout and any of the Twins current prospects in Beloit. Sano has more raw power and Rosario certainly has athleticsm, but Trout had everything. I had honestly never seen a true "five tool player" in the Midwest League until I saw Trout. He clearly had to be moved up at mid-season and I believe any organization, including the Twins, would have pushed him through their system just as quickly.

I've also seen enough of Sano this season to believe the Twins are doing the right thing by keeping him in Beloit. He can hit a baseball a long way and he's got surprising speed, but he's not a complete player yet, even at the MWL level.
    I opine about the Twins and Kernels regularly at Knuckleballsblog.com while my alter ego, SD Buhr covers the Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~