Minnesota Twins News & Rumors Forum

Thread: What Ticket Prices May I Expect from Scalpers?

What Ticket Prices May I Expect from Scalpers?

My second favorite baseball team, the Rays, are in town this weekend and I'm thinking about going to the game tonight. Tell me your stories of prices you've received from scalpers--where you found the scalpers, what price you paid relative to face value, and how close to game time you bought the tickets.

I've seen them along 6th St. and Butler Square, hanging out by Hubert's, Glueks, The Alley, etc.
    "Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand."

Twins Moderator All-Star diehardtwinsfan's Avatar
    Liked 813 Times in 513 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If Nishi is starting, they will pay you.

Member Single-A
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Expect grumpy scalpers. Everyone has figured out since you can see the game from almost everywhere in the stadium, people only want cheap tickets. No need to spend on good seats when you can spend an inning or two one level up and directly behind home plate, then some from the OF, then some from the 1st/3rd base line. You get it.

Because of that, your best value might be getting some more expensive tickets at less than face. The last game i went to, I tried to buy scalped (walk off win vs CWS) and I ended up using the ticket kiosk and paying full price. Never once did I look to see where my seats were. The scalpers were selling Gen. admission tix for $5-10 over face and some premium seats $10-20 under, so It's all about preference.

Plus, hang out outside of Keiran's for the most amount of scalpers.

Cheers!

Senior Member Big-Leaguer minn55441's Avatar
    Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritofVodkaDave View Post
    I agree with Dave. Stubhub is the way to go. Even with the fees (10% on top of the total price paid, + 5.95 delivery) you will end up paying much less than any scalper would sell them for.

Tickets are sold up until 2 hours prior to game time. Between 5:00pm and 5:10pm you will see some great prices. If they don't sell, most of the season ticket holders do not want to take to the streets. so they are motivated to get whatever they can.

I just checked and tonight appears to be a high demand game. Friday night in the summer, cool temps this evening and Joe Mauer Sideburns promotion, not to mention the fireworks after the game.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer Highabove's Avatar
    Liked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    One of the last high demand games this Season. Only weekend Series in August.

There will not be many Bargains tonight. Keep an eye on Stub Hub. Check the Twins website.

Quote Originally Posted by minn55441 View Post
    I agree with Dave. Stubhub is the way to go. Even with the fees (10% on top of the total price paid, + 5.95 delivery) you will end up paying much less than any scalper would sell them for.

Tickets are sold up until 2 hours prior to game time. Between 5:00pm and 5:10pm you will see some great prices. If they don't sell, most of the season ticket holders do not want to take to the streets. so they are motivated to get whatever they can.
    I'll check it out. I also looked at scorebig.com, a similar ticket service but with no fees, but they don't (or can't) sell tickets the day of the event.

Yes, tonight figures to be a high demand game. The Twins website didn't have many good seats for sale.

Stub Hub prices are over face value right now. Home Plate box seats, regular price $69, are $84, $95 and $106. Speculators...
    Last edited by powrwrap; 08-10-2012 at 02:10 PM.

OK, there was slim pickings. I got 2 seats via Stub Hub in sec. 229 for $4 over face value. I suppose since this game is a premium night I might have actually paid less than "face value".

Too bad you weren't looking for Wednesday's day game. Tickets for 7 bucks and field box for only $20.

Senior Member Double-A BrentMpls's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries
    Scalpers are on 5th and 6th street between Hennepin and 1st Ave for the most part. As you found out, tonights game was in pretty high demand, surprisingly but with Rays, weekend, give away, fireworks, and bombers it was fairly packed beyond just the game.

Stubhub and Ticket King are options, you can always get tix from the Twins themselves as they don't sell out. I know someone that was GIVEN 2 tickets (lower level, 3rd base line) when approached booth at Target Field after the game started (1st inning was underway).