Senior Member Big-Leaguer J-Dog Dungan's Avatar
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1) Great article as always
    2) Go Twins!

Senior Member All-Star YourHouseIsMyHouse's Avatar
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm starting to think Adam Walker has more power potential than Sano does. 12 is flat out ridiculous at this point in a short rookie season. He's a little older than the #1 prospect so that may be why. Excellent job Jeremy. I love the box score links.

Liked 686 Times in 359 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Another excellent round up and it is good to hear that Slama is back.

Senior Member Big-Leaguer righty8383's Avatar
    Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Free Slama!!!

Senior Member All-Star Shane Wahl's Avatar
    Liked 110 Times in 80 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The org roster and contracts is very nice! Thank you.

Liked 128 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dog Dungan View Post
    1) Great article as always
    2) Go Twins!
    I agree with everything you said here.

Adam Walker does seem to be killing the ball. He'll be exciting to watch for a while. I could see him moving up quickly if cuts down on the strikeouts (small sample size, but 53K's in 182 PA).
    You can come up with statistics to prove anything. Forty percent of all people know that.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    I always think back to my youth when I read descriptions of Rosario such as you posted today. Reminds me of a player who came up for the Braves when I was a kid. Came up as a second baseman with good speed who would go on to play outfield. He wasn't real tall with a slight build. His strength was his quick swing with incredible wrists. Sounds exactly like Rosario, doesn't it? The player I saw as a kid would go on to hit over 700 home runs. We can't expect Rosario to be that player, can we?

Twitter
    @sethtweets
    Liked 345 Times in 182 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    The player I saw as a kid would go on to hit over 700 home runs. We can't expect Rosario to be that player, can we?
    That might be some lofty and probably a little unrealistic expectations... I wouldn't 'expect' more than 600 HR for Rosario in his big league career!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth Stohs View Post
    That might be some lofty and probably a little unrealistic expectations... I wouldn't 'expect' more than 600 HR for Rosario in his big league career!
    Yes, it is unrealistic to expect Rosario to become that player. But we can dream, can't we? And someday, some kid is going to become that player who will hit more home runs than Henry. Why can't it be Rosario?

Now it is time to put the computer away, take a shower and go out and drink some wine!

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 79 Times in 49 Posts
    Walker has a .311 OBP in the Appy League. That is horrible for a college player. It's a pretty disappointing debut and he has a ton of work to do if he's going to hold his own in low-A next year.

Senior Member Triple-A Steve Lein's Avatar
    Twitter
    @HangingSL
    Liked 25 Times in 13 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YourHouseIsMyHouse View Post
    I'm starting to think Adam Walker has more power potential than Sano does. 12 is flat out ridiculous at this point in a short rookie season. He's a little older than the #1 prospect so that may be why. Excellent job Jeremy. I love the box score links.
    Walker is basically 2 years older than Sano, and actually his HR pace is still slightly behind what Sano's was at E-Town last year, as are his avg./obp/ops (Walker's only hitting around .250). Walker does have the power, but most everyone says Sano is the best power-hitting prospect in all the minors right now. Hard to make a case for him having more potential, but it is fun to see the high HR totals.
    Scouting Report: Tools - Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)
    Spring Training Regular since 2011.

I love the round-up and the rosters/salaries. It's great to see all that roster information in one place. I particularly like the ages compared to the league average, the rule V eligibility info, and when/how each player was acquired. One question though - can an indicator or something be added for players currently on the 40 man roster? On your list, is everyone ineligible for rule V on the 40 man? If so, that would probably do it.

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssuperdave View Post
    One question though - can an indicator or something be added for players currently on the 40 man roster? On your list, is everyone ineligible for rule V on the 40 man? If so, that would probably do it.
    Guys on 40-man are listed as ineligible.

Senior Member Triple-A
    Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
    Thanks Jeremy, your 'Big Board' is the coolest thing EVER!

One question I have is, what did you use for your cut-off on 'old' or 'young' for the league? Did you consider having somewhat of a sliding scale to represent that 1.5 yrs younger at lo-A is much more important than 1.5 yrs at AAA?

Really small point, but for the Beloit roster, you list: The average age of players in the MWL is 21.5 (late 1989) for batters and 21.9 (early 1990) for pitchers. Since the pitchers were older than the hitters, did you mean early 1989?

Thanks again!

Twins Contributor All-Star Jeremy Nygaard's Avatar
    Twitter
    @jeremynygaard
    Liked 117 Times in 63 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TRex View Post
    Thanks Jeremy, your 'Big Board' is the coolest thing EVER!

One question I have is, what did you use for your cut-off on 'old' or 'young' for the league? Did you consider having somewhat of a sliding scale to represent that 1.5 yrs younger at lo-A is much more important than 1.5 yrs at AAA?

Really small point, but for the Beloit roster, you list: The average age of players in the MWL is 21.5 (late 1989) for batters and 21.9 (early 1990) for pitchers. Since the pitchers were older than the hitters, did you mean early 1989?

Thanks again!
    Thanks, I went +/- a year for old/young. There's probably some that you add either way, but I wanted people to be able to get a snapshot idea.

I'll have to look at the Beloit tidbit. I credit computer guys, my brain goes crazy when looking at code for an extended period of time.